Home

Will this game blow NCAA11 out of the water?

This is a discussion on Will this game blow NCAA11 out of the water? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

OVR: 7
Will this game blow NCAA11 out of the water?

Been feeling a little disappointed with NCAA11...just wondering if once i buy this game will i be putting ncaa11 on the shelf for good?
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
NCAA Football: Nebraska Cornhuskers
HS Football: Rolla High School Bulldogs '95 (12-1)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #2
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Will this game blow NCAA11 out of the water?

are you comparing a basketball game to a football game?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

From the looks of it 2k11 definitely seems like the better game... NCAA Football and Madden are the games I always played, but these last 3 years NBA 2k has taken both of their spots.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

football vs basketball.............are you 4real........btw ncaa 11 is a pretty good game.....but really man the only thing these game have in comein is there both sports..........o and they have the word ball in there name....really man
Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
Rookie

i know this topic seems silly cause of the football vs. BBall comparison. but its a valid argument in terms of playing time. NCAA 11 is a VERY addictive game with the online dynasty mode.

I know alot of us here love association mode and are always clamoring for AI improvements. Well it doesnt get any better than running an online dynasty with all users and recruiting and playing games against users.

Im very excited for 2k but ill still be sneaking in a little recruiting time at work lol i Know its not perfect, and god knows some of the things in NCAA's gameplay piss me off, but its a game thats hard to put down for sure.

if the slim chance that 2K has Online Association pulls through, then i think every other game would officially be dead to me i would play 2k non stop lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3

I think I understand what OP is going for ... he's not necessarily directly comparing the two games (such as "NBA 2K vs. NBA Elite"), but rather the addictiveness of the games -- "Will you spend more time playing 2K or NCAA?"

For me, the answer is a clear "2K". Despite having the full NCAA game, I see myself logging more time playing the 2K demo than NCAA. Despite being a really good game, there are just too many "little things" in NCAA's gameplay that ruin my overall fun with the game. With the 2K demo however, the game legitimately looks, feels and plays like a game of basketball.

So will this game blow NCAA 11 out of the water? Maybe not, but it will certainly push it a lot closer to shore.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

playin both and other games....I dont want to burn out on games....so I play different things to keep my experiences fresh and less frustrating. Over time, once you play a game so much, u develop habits you dont even know. When you take time off, to me, it makes the experiences refreshing and fun.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Rookie

cmurr's Arena

You can't really compare the games. All you can compare is sport to sport. There will always be a bias about the type of game you are playing, so you can only fairly compare same-sport games.

The only comparison is nba elite or any college basketball title

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »