Home

Stealing Vs Reach In Foul

This is a discussion on Stealing Vs Reach In Foul within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Stealing Vs Reach In Foul

Comrades!

Hook up a brother over here. I am on the PS3 and when I try to do a steal (using the Square button), I only get away with moderate success. The rest of the time I get called for a foul.

Is there a sensitivity formula that I need to know about? How do I successfully steal and not get a foul?

My definition of a Reach In is instead of stealing the ball you reach in and slap the player instead of the ball. Is this the same philosophy in 2K11?

Now how does the game distinguish the difference between a foul and a steal?

Noon needs hints!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Stealing Vs Reach In Foul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Comrades!

Hook up a brother over here. I am on the PS3 and when I try to do a steal (using the Square button), I only get away with moderate success. The rest of the time I get called for a foul.
That is the way it is supposed to be.

It is situational. For example never go for the steal when the dribbler is in the protect dribble posture, don't try to pull the "Rondo" and poke at the ball when the dribbler beats you or is otherwise driving to the rim, don't go for the steal when both players are sprinting or running, etc etc.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

You just don't spam the steal button. The first and for most biggest thing is to stay in front your player.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have lots of stealing success with the great defensive players of the game. The thing with stealing is if they're dribbling and down size ups and such you chance of stealing it is low. I mean the whole point of those is to get by you and keep the ball away. The trick is to get them into a position where the ball is unprotected or they're losing their dribble. I often get steals when a guy with lacking ball security tries to drive past me, bumps into me and begins to pick up his dribble. That's when I poke it loose.

Or when I guy is standing dribbling and trying to call a play or get a screen or whatever. Its at times when the ball is unprotected. Otherwise your reaching.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

what i do is, whenever your man tries to beat you of the dribble i press square right when he's about to do his move, like when he's gonna do a hesitation dribble, once the ball is on one hand and he's doing his ala iverson move, that's when you press square. But it really only works if you're using a player with good stealing attributes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Notice that this is very similar to real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastEncore
I have lots of stealing success with the great defensive players of the game. The thing with stealing is if they're dribbling and down size ups and such you chance of stealing it is low. I mean the whole point of those is to get by you and keep the ball away. The trick is to get them into a position where the ball is unprotected or they're losing their dribble. I often get steals when a guy with lacking ball security tries to drive past me, bumps into me and begins to pick up his dribble. That's when I poke it loose.

Or when I guy is standing dribbling and trying to call a play or get a screen or whatever. Its at times when the ball is unprotected. Otherwise your reaching.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #7
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks guys! Really helpful!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »