Home

How long did it take you to figure out the A.I?

This is a discussion on How long did it take you to figure out the A.I? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How long did it take you to figure out the A.I?

7 months for me. 90% of the time AI is predictable to me

In general to exploit the AI on offense, Quick Pick and Roll is all you really need.

for defense, mess around with 2-3 zone and 3-2 zone and you will intercept the pass just about every time.

every game I win by double digits now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: How long did it take you to figure out the A.I?

Still can't beat it consistently, but I play on HOF with very challenging sliders.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I would say 4 months in.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

10ish game in got spanked by like 30 the first few games doing the same things i did in 2k10 thinking they would work
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Change your global tendency sliders to freshen up the AI decision-making. I do that when I find a team seems to be lacking in using their strengths, which is usually when their good perimeter guards aren't penetrating or their strong post players aren't a part of the offense.

I think about what the priority would be in real life. Attacking the basket and getting inside or close shots is always the biggest priority, so I would set those the highest. I would then increase post play to match, so they aren't just trying to drive all day and will back down their defender instead of just forcing up an inside/short, or mid range shot from the post since they will do that if "look for post players" is too low. I put mid range just below that , and 3pt range just below mid range. The results are a more aggressive cpu with more driving and dishing, and a better inside out game. They seem to have more of a purpose, and less of a generic offense after broken set plays.

I don't play to exploit, but I have exploited in order to be competitive. When it stops getting fun, either to predictability or bad cpu AI decisions, I make changes to bring out the challenge so I can be more competitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I still haven't figured it out. I've had the game since November and was dominating on pro (predictably) and ever since bumping up to All Star Sim, I get crushed. I play as the Pistons though (without roster changes) so that might help explain things.

I've noticed that pick n roll is pretty successful too, but I try not to use it too much. I'd hate to have to run 80 pick n roll's a game just to win. I just get frustrated when I play great tight D and seemingly time my jump perfectly and the guy still knocks down the shot almost every time, while my top mid range guys (Ben Gordon, Rip Hamilton) can't make **** even when wide open.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Its hard to say because I don't look for scripted lead passes which next to hopstep/euro step and the fouls they draw are the most obvious exploits. Without those exploits the CPU can still beat me when I want to win.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Three to four months for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »