Home

Playoffs need to be taken into account with commentary

This is a discussion on Playoffs need to be taken into account with commentary within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Playoffs need to be taken into account with commentary

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I guess I'm sure it has, but I haven't really played an Association as close as I have the one I've been running leading up to 2K12 so I haven't noticed it before. In the last playoffs, my 4-seed Knicks stunned the 1-seed Heat with a 4-2 series victory in the 2nd round of the playoffs, eventually fighting all the way to a 4-3 loss to the OKC Thunder in the Finals (made more impressive by Stoudamire's missing the first four games). Yet when the 2013-2014 season starts up and I'm scheduled to play the Heat in the opener, not only is the playoff series never mentioned, but the announcers have constantly been referencing the fact the Heat swept us in the regular season, and how disappointing that must be for a team to be handled so easily by another. Which, yea, at the time it sucked, but we BEAT THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS. AND WENT TO THE FINALS.

I know it's probably a long shot since the game sorts playoff and regular seasons stats as separate entities but it would be really nice to see/hear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Playoffs need to be taken into account with commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I guess I'm sure it has, but I haven't really played an Association as close as I have the one I've been running leading up to 2K12 so I haven't noticed it before. In the last playoffs, my 4-seed Knicks stunned the 1-seed Heat with a 4-2 series victory in the 2nd round of the playoffs, eventually fighting all the way to a 4-3 loss to the OKC Thunder in the Finals (made more impressive by Stoudamire's missing the first four games). Yet when the 2013-2014 season starts up and I'm scheduled to play the Heat in the opener, not only is the playoff series never mentioned, but the announcers have constantly been referencing the fact the Heat swept us in the regular season, and how disappointing that must be for a team to be handled so easily by another. Which, yea, at the time it sucked, but we BEAT THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS. AND WENT TO THE FINALS.

I know it's probably a long shot since the game sorts playoff and regular seasons stats as separate entities but it would be really nice to see/hear.
I had this happen in "my player" as well, I thought it was really weird. I was on the Kings and we had lost all but 1 game to the Lakers in the regular season but we swept them in the playoffs to go to the finals. the next season when we are tipping off they comment on how the Lakers had our number last season and we had to get off the snide against them... umm we swept them when it counted and were the defending champions.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima

, the announcers must not like ur team lol j/k
Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

This is a legit concern. I wish this was fixed, in depth commentary adds alot to a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 09-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #5
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

That is a 2k11 issue, you have no idea if it is in 2k12 so I don't see the point of this thread at this point in time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »