Home

My Player shorten season?

This is a discussion on My Player shorten season? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Arrow My Player shorten season?

Based on reading the latest insight, I take it that there is no option to let us trim down the season to 56/29 games?

Although I don't mind simming to key games, the only problem I have is that this would affect my player's stats + team record (which might affect whether we make it to the playoffs or not). I really want to my player from rookie to retirement knowing that the stats/records achieved were really earned and not simulated if you get what i mean.

*dont get me wrong, everything else about MP is out of this world, but the option to shorten the seasons would be an icing on the cake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My Player shorten season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
Based on reading the latest insight, I take it that there is no option to let us trim down the season to 56/29 games?

Although I don't mind simming to key games, the only problem I have is that this would affect my player's stats + team record (which might affect whether we make it to the playoffs or not). I really want to my player from rookie to retirement knowing that the stats/records achieved were really earned and not simulated if you get what i mean.

*dont get me wrong, everything else about MP is out of this world, but the option to shorten the seasons would be an icing on the cake.
How would you expect to achieve those stats and records with a shortened season?
Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krong1170
How would you expect to achieve those stats and records with a shortened season?
I don't mean achieving the milestones, I meant like achieving player stats + team recording. For example, after playing 20 games, you avg 20ppg and your team record is 15-5. But then you might feel 82 games is too long, so you decide to play only key games from here on. Your player stats and team record may then decline.

I understand that playing 82 games is the only way to achieve certain milestones, but for people that are only playing key games after they finished their rookie season, why not just give us the option to reduce the season. That way, we can still play all our games whilst not allowing the simulation to determine your player stats and team record.

So at the end of my career, I can look back on my player card and knowing that the average PPG, REB, AST, etc were all earned by me and not because of simulated games.

Last edited by vtcha; 09-09-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Rookie

dukedude24's Arena

OVR: 8

ya i think it would be a bit stupid if they allow us to skip to key games, but not shorten the season?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »