Home

Opinion on this trade.

This is a discussion on Opinion on this trade. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Opinion on this trade.

Running Kings association. Was curious what I could do to get Paul George. Best possible trades are Thornton + Thompson for George + West or George Hill + Honeycutt for George + West.

Now I know both these trades make my team better but what I'm really interested in is whether it's a good idea to take on an aging David West on a weak western team or instead just keep tanking for a higher pick. Also are these trades far too unrealistic. (Second one definitely is.)

Lineup after first trade would be

Thomas/Hill
Tyreke/TWill/Stephenson
George/Joey Graham/ Honeycutt
West/Ed Davis
Cousins/ Larry Sanders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
MVP

ewingandoakley's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Opinion on this trade.

Without having force trades on, the cpu will let you have George for almost nothing. Because of his salary, you could trade hassan whiteside for him and the cpu would consider it fair. I did an association with the Thunder, and I think I was able to trade eric mayor and lazar hayward for George and west. If you are looking for fair, go for the first one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffey Jr
Why should I stretch? Does a cheetah stretch before it chases its prey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Damon
I just go out and play.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm more interested it's worth West's 10 mil for 2 years. I could theoretically just flip him to somebody else for a young asset
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingandoakley
Without having force trades on, the cpu will let you have George for almost nothing. Because of his salary, you could trade hassan whiteside for him and the cpu would consider it fair. I did an association with the Thunder, and I think I was able to trade eric mayor and lazar hayward for George and west. If you are looking for fair, go for the first one.
Not if there are custom rosters. Paul George's trade value is considered 3 1/2 stars by the custom roster I'm using (OS Trifecta) and many others in my association. Paul George, IMO has more upside than Thornton, and David West is still that consistent 18 PPG scorer he was back in his days in New Orleans. I'd say you'd be making your team better, and with a core of I. Thomas, Paul George, David West, Cousins and Tyreke, that is one heck of a starting line-up. The only concern I'd have is defensively, where George is you only good perimeter defender and Cousins is you only good defender inside.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »