Home

Association Mode - What Happened to Greg Oden?

This is a discussion on Association Mode - What Happened to Greg Oden? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Association Mode - What Happened to Greg Oden?

So in my Association Mode, I signed Greg Oden to a 1 year deal for the MLE. Now I'm in March, and he's just disappeared.

I noticed it when I was playing a game, and Kwame Brown was coming off the bench instead of Oden. So I'm looking at my roster, and he's just... not there.

I haven't traded or released him, in fact I was looking to re-sign him at the end of the season when I had cap space. I have all settings for roster moves to manual, so the CPU wouldn't make any roster moves. I searched free agency, and he wasn't there.

Okay, just looked - for some reason he's on the Knicks. Again, I have made no roster moves involving Greg Oden, and the settings are on User so the CPU won't make moves for me.

Why is Greg Oden a New York Knick? The game literally just stole him off my roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Association Mode - What Happened to Greg Oden?

Okay, more information - he was on my roster the last day of February, but not on my roster on March 1st, which was the day after the re-signing deadline.

Does that have something to do with it? If so, it seems broken, because when I signed him, I signed him to a 1 year contract, and none of my other 1 year contract players were released. Is there anyway I can get Oden back on my team?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 17

I think this has happened to me before... I am almost positive it is a glitch with the auto save feature.. Or it could just be a glitch in association mode, because another time I remember signing a player for 1 year 500 K and then like a month later into the season I noticed his contract was 1 year for 1 Dollar.. I never touched his contract in edit player so that was a bit strange.... Don't know if that helps.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

you're not the only one. Happened to me with Gilbert Arenas multiple times.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

Dont take my word for it but this has something to do with cpu coach/gm part of the game. Do you by chance let the cpu control the lineup with simulated games or anything.

Couple time I caught it after signing vets to minimum, the game just waive players for some odd reason. I run alot of simulated associations and this happens very often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Dont take my word for it but this has something to do with cpu coach/gm part of the game. Do you by chance let the cpu control the lineup with simulated games or anything.

Couple time I caught it after signing vets to minimum, the game just waive players for some odd reason. I run alot of simulated associations and this happens very often.
I'm not sure what you mean by letting the CPU control the lineup with simulated games. I mean, I manually set my rotation, for the minutes I want each guy to get, and such.

So do I just have to play make believe and hope that Oden hits free agency in the off-season, and then just re-sign him then?

I mean, I don't mine Kwame Brown in the meantime, but I was really liking having Oden.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
Banned

Also, I did notice that after I signed Oden, he was signed for "0 years", and wasn't on my list of contracts or upcoming free agents.

I had just assumed that because I signed him for the MLE, and the MLE doesn't count against the cap, that's why he wasn't there.

If this happens, will editing his contract under "Edit Player" to 1 year and the appropriate amount fix this?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think i have the solution. After you sign somebody from free agency you get a msg that asks you if you want to adjust rosters manually or let the computer do it. Always let the computer do it. After that you can go in and do it yourself. If you do it manually after signing him the contract will get screwed for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »