Home

How to stop up n under, alley opps.

This is a discussion on How to stop up n under, alley opps. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to stop up n under, alley opps.

How do you stop alley opps, especially the ones that are run from a play. Seems like even when I try to defend it with the center, doesnt seem to stop the pass enough times as it should.

Up unders, seems like the higher level players all use the up n under over and over.

I want to know when to press X or when to keep my arms. Im assuming arms up will defend the up n unders better. How to detrmine if its a layup or up n under.

I also have a hard time with the timing on stealing post spins, dunks, layups, spin dunk. If you have the player advantage, when do you click that steal.

Another problem I notice is when I drive or get an offensive rebound it seems like all 5 opponent players are in the post and block my shot. On defense when I click B(LOCK DOWN PAINT) I never get all 5 players in the post to stop an inside shot. How do people do this?

When I click the defensive settings for DT, it seems the first 4 or 5 plays after I change it the double works. Then it seems like they stop doubling, any ideas? No I dont call any OTF defense plays. I know that resets all your adjustments.

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRTSGMSNLY2008
How do you stop alley opps, especially the ones that are run from a play. Seems like even when I try to defend it with the center, doesnt seem to stop the pass enough times as it should.

Up unders, seems like the higher level players all use the up n under over and over.

I want to know when to press X or when to keep my arms. Im assuming arms up will defend the up n unders better. How to detrmine if its a layup or up n under.

I also have a hard time with the timing on stealing post spins, dunks, layups, spin dunk. If you have the player advantage, when do you click that steal.

Another problem I notice is when I drive or get an offensive rebound it seems like all 5 opponent players are in the post and block my shot. On defense when I click B(LOCK DOWN PAINT) I never get all 5 players in the post to stop an inside shot. How do people do this?

When I click the defensive settings for DT, it seems the first 4 or 5 plays after I change it the double works. Then it seems like they stop doubling, any ideas? No I dont call any OTF defense plays. I know that resets all your adjustments.

Thank you
Lower tendencies Alley-Opp, Throw Alley-Opps, and Pump Fake for players.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: How to stop up n under, alley opps.

The up and under is out of control in this.

i lower ball handling and I think people fumble it a bit now.

Alley oops is even worse. When I play with people online, I can defend up and unders, but the oop is hard when executed properly. And I think they even made it easier to defend. As said, I would just lower the oop slider.

Unfortunately, that just means it will happen less... not that the oops will be more realistic. They still pull out some WTF oops. I don't mind an oop when I can say "oh, I saw that coming... that was my mistake." but some of those things are just like WUT??

-Smak
Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Rookie

I only play online, I cant adjust sliders.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

I just realized what these people are doing. I recorded a game and went back to watch it. All this guy did was spam steal, and when I would get into the lane, he would go from man to 1-3-1 zone.

I guess its something I need to add to my game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
Rookie

The up and under is out of control in this
Old 07-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

stop up and under by putting ur hands up. Only way I know how to stop alley oops is to try to bump the guy that he wants to oop to before hes in the air.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10

First off, not gonna lie, I use the up and under quite a bit in this game. Especially with my smaller guards. Though I have now come to expect the up and under so I will never jump for the first ball fake whether it's an actual shot or fake.
NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning
NCAA: UCF Knights
FIFA: Real Madrid CF

XBL Gamertag: THE YAMA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »