Home

So NOW that the Announcement is done when we will get GAME info

This is a discussion on So NOW that the Announcement is done when we will get GAME info within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
So NOW that the Announcement is done when we will get GAME info

Not knocking 2k's Announcement but Music in the Game is NOT what must of us are looking for. I want to KNOW about GAMEPLAY improvement. I mean you are going up against NBA Live's coming back in the Market and MUSIC is what the Major Announcement is. I want to know about things like Will their be NEW editing options(attributes,Abilities,Tendencies,etc), will the Create a Team Mode be fixed so you can Upload and Download them off 2k Share without causing a Glitch(MAJOR ISSUE for 2 YEARS). How about adding in the ability to Change Coaching Ratings and Also Create Coaches. More Playbook options(NO BROKEN PLAYS), More Classic teams, I mean these are things that MAY bring some of the Older Gamers back to the Series. I UNDERSTAND from a Marketing standpoint the Music Announcement will get Media attention for 2k, but now that it has been announced can we get to the Nuts and Bolts of the Actual Game?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
Hold on, so you mean to tell me that Jay-Z having his music in the game WAS the announcement?!?! My god, how far 2K has fallen off the wagon. I skipped had 2K12 for about two weeks and got rid of it and its looking like I wont even look at 13. Maybe they will get their act right for 14

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: So NOW that the Announcement is done when we will get GAME info

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
Hold on, so you mean to tell me that Jay-Z having his music in the game WAS the announcement?!?! My god, how far 2K has fallen off the wagon. I skipped had 2K12 for about two weeks and got rid of it and its looking like I wont even look at 13. Maybe they will get their act right for 14

Yes sadly it was the Announcement. I know EVERYONE i have talked to is Disappointed. But I think the issue was People had SO MUCH time because of the Length of the HYPE that they had come up with Ideas of what the Announcement COULD be. Now i have seen some are happy with the Announcement, so i guess it just depends on what you are looking for in a game. I think 2k made this Announcement in HOPE of getting the Casual Basketball fan to buy the game. I am HOPING they have something good for us HARDCORE basketball fans as well.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

Jay Z is the announcement? Serious? I couldn`t care less.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahah!
What a crap, 2K, SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20
If i wanted JayZ on my game i would just put them on my hard drive and make my own 2K beats with him on it. Im a casual basketball videogame fan and this announcement is so underwhelming i have zero interest in this game now

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

By the way, I read somewhere that "in a couple of weeks" 2k will make an announcement about the day they will announce gameplay features.
Let`s wait a "couple of weeks" again.
It is gonna be huge, he, he.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Just for the record, when a Company does something like this, it's a spin. There isn't much tweaked in the gameplay which is why you're getting these tacky Jay-Z announcements. They are more concerned with Guitar Hero dunk contests.

The lack of competition in these genres is destroying, or has destroyed Sports gaming. I mean while they aren't in the same league, people actually support 2K's Baseball game, and it's not deplorable to the point no one plays it. So Sony has to make sure they stay on their pedestal with The Show.

With no one at least ATTEMPTING to challenge or able to challenge NBA 2K or Madden/NCAA these Companies aren't putting forth quality effort anymore. So people need to really stop expecting them too. It's more foolish now to keep expecting things year after year, than the sad releases themselves.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Call me gullible, but I honestly think there's more to the announcement that they haven't let on about yet. Jay-Z is very good at branding; I think we could have some cool stuff in store for 2k13.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »