Home

Interesting Game Mode for 2k14??

This is a discussion on Interesting Game Mode for 2k14?? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Interesting Game Mode for 2k14??

I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, but if they could find a way to combine team up, online dynasty and crew, that would be a ground breaking mode to me. Meaning anywhere from a 30 player dynasty to a 400 player dynasty. Each person would pick an NBA player and they would guide their career in an association that is played like myplayer/team up games.

So for instance, like crew, you and 11 friends could decide to be the Celtics and each take over the career of their 12 man roster and you would become that player for as long as the dynasty exists. Of course most people wouldn't want to be Steisma, but he could stay CPU controlled. I could see me and 4 friends being the Cavs in an online dynasty taking over Kyrie, Waiters, Tristan, Varajao and Zeller. Then meeting up with other community members who may be the Knicks and user control Melo, Amare, Chandler, Kidd and JR. I think that would be dope. Take it one step further and have option to add your myplayers to actual teams and guide careers being a part of real NBA franchises with your friends and WOW.

Whoever starts your squad can be the GM and decides on your contract situation, minutes, rotation etc.. Any thoughts??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Interesting Game Mode for 2k14??

Yeah man, that's the next step for sure. I think it'd get a ton of play if was done right. Maybe like a connected careers like Madden too.

I made a blog post about this idea ...

http://www.operationsports.com/Rambo...e-association/

Also this is another good idea...

http://nba2kwishlist.ideascale.com/a...ld/70210-15686

Even as a DLC I'd definitely buy that
Old 08-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I'd just want to be able to trade someone if they were ballhoggin lol
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

My life and everything that I know until now will end at the moment they release something like this
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Yeah man, that's the next step for sure. I think it'd get a ton of play if was done right. Maybe like a connected careers like Madden too.

I made a blog post about this idea ...

http://www.operationsports.com/Rambo...e-association/

Also this is another good idea...

http://nba2kwishlist.ideascale.com/a...ld/70210-15686

Even as a DLC I'd definitely buy that
I'm still at work, but I'm definitely going to read your blogs when I get home. But I was thinking about the fun of playing team up, but it's just like a one off. And then crew is like made up dudes where people exploit it. But if you combine the two and have 30 GMs who recruit their friends to their teams and manage it like a real association and they control one player, it could be nice. Give the GM a cap, so if they choose to keep the real stars on a roster and one of their friends decides to bring in a myplayer, he has to fit under the "cap". So you can't add a 7'6 all 99 PG to the Heat and you can't even create a player in the 80's if you still want to have Bosh, Wade and James cause of "luxury tax".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
My life and everything that I know until now will end at the moment they release something like this
Mine too fam lol.If your player retires you get the opportunity to control the teams new #1 draft pick or hit free agency in your league. If you're a solid player with a good grade you can hit up other GMs and say "let me take over your starting 2 guard, I don't like my squad anymore". Imagine trading your ball hogging friend for that guy who's really good at post moves on another team..
Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

No doubt this would be cool, but think about how difficult it would be to get ten players online to play a game at the same time
Old 08-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Be sure to post it in the 2K14 Wishlist thread, at leas once. Developers may listen.

Oh, and by the way, 2K14 will celebrate a 10-year anniversary for 2K4. I think it needs to have something special, like Extremely Casual mode (dunk between the legs over any shot blocker).

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »