Home

NBA 2K13 My Player Idea

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 My Player Idea within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should we be allowed to request trades as rookies?
Yes, it's better that way 19 46.34%
No, we should show some loyalty for once. 22 53.66%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lightbulb NBA 2K13 My Player Idea

I honestly think we shouldn't be allowed to request a trade as a rookie. It just makes it seem unrealistic. I personally almost always request trades as a rookie, but it just doesn't feel right. The option to request a trade should only be turned on in your sophomore season. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Jesus White's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 My Player Idea

i think we should just be able to get traded without requesting, i know it could cause problems for guys on championships but maybe the management could come to you and say they are thinking about trading you to a certain team and you can say you want to leave or stay loyal to the team. stupid i know but it could work
Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus White
i think we should just be able to get traded without requesting, i know it could cause problems for guys on championships but maybe the management could come to you and say they are thinking about trading you to a certain team and you can say you want to leave or stay loyal to the team. stupid i know but it could work
I actually like that idea. If you say yes, it could drastically decrease your teammate chemistry and fan support. If you say no, you would see a medium increase in both. I would love to see it in 2K13.

Last edited by BrooklynsFinest; 08-05-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
Pro

You 100% should be able to get traded without asking. As for the OP I agree with that as well.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
You 100% should be able to get traded without asking. As for the OP I agree with that as well.
As long as 2K has fixed the trade AI I'm for it. But if its not I'd hate to be traded several times a season due to buggy AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I would liked to be traded, but the trade logic would have to be fixed. I dont want to see a bad trade because the CPU wants to match up the star values. It would add a realistic element to the game. If you are not playing well or playing well, but not a key piece. I wouldnt mind getting traded in the offseason for a draft-day pick.

I think a way that can least help prevent players from trading in the 1st season is either dont have to option in the 1st year or allow users to sim as many games as possible. I think that would be a good thing. Being able to sim an entire season, will make the mode go faster. If you get drafted to a team you dont like or just dont fill you fit the team, you can just sim the rest of the season instead of asking for a trade.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

BountyOnUrQB's Arena

I think draft day trades should be included as well. Say if you get picked a little a earlier by a team you didn't want to go to but during the interview process you told a different team you would love to play for their team they should try and trade for your rights.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

No, we were drafted because the team wants us. We should be traded w/o asking for the first year, draft day trades included. I think it would bring in realism, especially if they bring things like a "My Crib" in now that Jay-Z's on board. You could decide whether you wanna sell your old house, or keep it and get a new one where you were traded to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »