Home

NBA 2K is always improving. Every Year!!!!!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K is always improving. Every Year!!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile NBA 2K is always improving. Every Year!!!!!

I think it's dope that NBA 2K continues to improve every yr. I recently started collecting all of the NBA 2K games. I bought 2k7 and 8. When I played them it made me appreciate 2K soooooooo much more. Because they have improve this series in so many levels it's unreal. Crazy thing is that those games are still good to this day. This is why I continue to support 2K. Cause even if there is something I want in the game that doesn't make it this yr. It's probably going to end up in the game in the near future. That's all I can ask for.

http://youtu.be/xZljyn_Zqco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K is always improving. Every Year!!!!!

Umm...yeah...sure. I don't think a game deserves praise if it's JUST improving. That's what I expect from it, otherwise I wouldn't buy it. It's not like 2K are improving at a rapid pace though:

- The presentation/crowds/audio is still worse than NBA Live 10
- The new feature of Online Association was just Online Leagues of 2K11 stripped to the bare bones.
- For all we know, players may still not be able to go directly to the basket when turning a corner but may have to approach in a CIRCULAR fashion, allowing their defender to catch up and negate the fact that they have been beaten.
- We don't know if we'll actually be able to block dunks in the new game instead of being teabagged like a noob.
- Nice, we've got manual bounce pass, but after how many years? Why can't we choose to do a chest pass or a lob pass?
- Why is the fake pass function redundant?

I'm not going to give 2K credit for taking ideas from other games and implementing them in their own game (I don't fault them either). That's what they SHOULD be doing. When are they going to start to innovate again like they did with 24/7 back in the day?

You may just be content with what 2K put out every year, LRBTODAY, but I expect and DEMAND MORE.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Rookie

On the cool. I'm just expressing how much I appreciate the growth in the series after I went back and played previous versions. That's it. From every sports series that I play I don't see one that has as much growth in it then NBA 2K. Maybe there is one, but I haven't seen it. Thank you for your opinion.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2
It's always amazing how to some, the fact that 2k gets better adds features and listens to the pleas of he public means nothing. I always think 2k can be better but I have, in my 12 years of playing nba 2k, never felt like they haven't put in work to make the game better.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Umm...yeah...sure. I don't think a game deserves praise if it's JUST improving. That's what I expect from it, otherwise I wouldn't buy it. It's not like 2K are improving at a rapid pace though:

- The new feature of Online Association was just Online Leagues of 2K11 stripped to the bare bones.
- For all we know, players may still not be able to go directly to the basket when turning a corner but may have to approach in a CIRCULAR fashion, allowing their defender to catch up and negate the fact that they have been beaten.
- We don't know if we'll actually be able to block dunks in the new game instead of being teabagged like a noob.
- Nice, we've got manual bounce pass, but after how many years? Why can't we choose to do a chest pass or a lob pass?

I'm not going to give 2K credit for taking ideas from other games and implementing them in their own game (I don't fault them either). That's what they SHOULD be doing. When are they going to start to innovate again like they did with 24/7 back in the day?

You may just be content with what 2K put out every year, LRBTODAY, but I expect and DEMAND MORE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
It's always amazing how to some, the fact that 2k gets better adds features and listens to the pleas of he public means nothing. I always think 2k can be better but I have, in my 12 years of playing nba 2k, never felt like they haven't put in work to make the game better.
I was thinking the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Gatorfan Frank's Arena

OVR: 0

I think in a few ways 2K took a step back from 2K11 to 2K12, but I like your positivity, dude. 2K13 is shaping up to be their best yet.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
This is just all wrong. You're attacking a strawman. I never insinuated that it meant nothing. I just meant that I'm not going to be popping champagne bottles over it, because it was expected, and to top it all of you've brought out the old canard about effort. Guess what? I don't pay for effort, I pay for results.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

SMH at plain ignorance...... I coulda swore that 2k11/12 had he best presentation in the history of videogaming. SMH at lame attempts to hate on something. Your opinion is garbage bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »