Home

PIP/Rebounding tIp that folls might have over looked

This is a discussion on PIP/Rebounding tIp that folls might have over looked within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
PIP/Rebounding tIp that folls might have over looked

after pasuing my game during a tiemout this is what I noticed and;
this is where 2k messed up with their timeout set up, cause most of us dont pause the game during timeouts.

most of the points in the paint and pentration are becasue of screens. in the defensive assignments when you pause the game you can set your defenders to hedge. once you do this, defenders should properly jump the screens which ever way you desire. this will aid in stopping the penetration.

what I dont understand is why 2k didnt havet his accessible through a timeout without having to go to the pause screen.

Hedging ,with the intense D and the shading the defender. creates very nice traps etc. along with the other quick defensive hoices. lock down paint etc.

use this along with L2 to box out and the rebounding and PIP issues go away. dont forget to put hands straight up if the cPU gets an offensive reboudn cause they like to go straight back up.

a tip with rebounding, L2 should be pressed as soon as they shoot so your players can get into position to box out. if not, theyll beat you to the ball every time. just like real basketball. dont wait for the ball to hit the rim before you decide hey I want to rebound and box out.

this is a just in case you didnt know.

Last edited by tril; 10-12-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PIP/Rebounding tIp that folls might have over looked

not knowing much about the tactics involved with the real game i have asked in a few threads what hedging does and how it could be used in the game but got no feedback.I never saw these options in nba2k11 and never played 12.

any info would be helpfull

edit: Thanks guys

Last edited by dazzelle; 10-12-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
MVP

heging allows the defender to jump the screen and defend the ball handler inorder to stop penetration, and then allows the defender to get back to the initial player tha was covered.

"Hedging the screen means the defender on the screener extends the screen so that the dribbler can't use it effectively."

"The defense on the dribbler has three basic choices, over, under, and switch. All three are possible with or without the hedge."

a to counter this. is the player setting the screen/pick will cut straight to the basket as soon as the defender hedges. but the secodn defender should be rotating to this man.

thats a basic definition and counter
Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
MVP

You don't have to show hard on pick-and-rolls and trap to avoid getting scored on in the paint. PACK THE LANE like in real life.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
MVP

Re: PIP/Rebounding tip that folks might have over looked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
You don't have to show hard on pick-and-rolls and trap to avoid getting scored on in the paint. PACK THE LANE like in real life.
on a quick explosive player you would. wouldnt you? cause if you dont he'll get to where he wants to go every time.
and packing the paint woudnt you counter that with a pick and pop. good mid range jumper shooters would have a field day.

there has to be some level of committment on defense when screens are being set for the ball handler.

Last edited by tril; 10-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
MVP

Re: PIP/Rebounding tip that folks might have over looked

Defenses are willing to give up jumpers to avoid letting players get in the paint. You have to give up SOMETHING. It's not like you can consistently force a team into 24-second violations.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

I've gotten so used to manually hedging on pick and rolls that I probably won't use this, but its nice to know the option is there.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I do an initial coaching set up while the game is loading... how tight to play starters, if/when to double & p&r strategy. I make adjustments if along the way.

What I haven't been using are the quick defensive options like packing the paint. Thanks for reminding me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »