Home

Why does everyone quit in team up matches?

This is a discussion on Why does everyone quit in team up matches? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Why does everyone quit in team up matches?

I've played 5 games out of 50+ this year where 4-5 of players on my team or the other team actually stay in the game.

Tonight for example, our opponents got the Pacers and immediately Paul George and Roy Hibbert users quit. Am I missing something? Is it not fun using a 6'9 SG BEAST?!? Or one of the better skilled centers in the league?

I could understand quitting if your teammates are being selfish, but why quit in the beginning? I only quit if everyone else quits and we are stucking facing the AI.

It is really fun playing this game mode, but once again an awesome online game mode can go to waste due to the awful community. There needs to be more punishment and consequences for quitting. If these same guys believe it is just a video game and it doesn't matter then they sure wouldn't be upset with a 30 minute suspension or a 1 day ban for excessive quitting within the first 2 minutes.

There should also be some sort of matchmaking in play where you can filter for the type of teammates you want. I don't want someone whose average teammate grade is a D+ and takes 28 shots a game. I'd rather have someone who has a B or higher that takes 8-10 high quality shots a game with 3-4 assist per game.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but this is just another example of 2k poorly implementing a potentially great online mode. You can't leave it up to the community as they will ruin any online game. Game developers need to take things in their own hands and start handing out suspensions/bans to minimize quitting.

What is everyone's experience with team up so far?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I've played 5 games out of 50+ this year where 4-5 of players on my team or the other team actually stay in the game.

Tonight for example, our opponents got the Pacers and immediately Paul George and Roy Hibbert users quit. Am I missing something? Is it not fun using a 6'9 SG BEAST?!? Or one of the better skilled centers in the league?

I could understand quitting if your teammates are being selfish, but why quit in the beginning? I only quit if everyone else quits and we are stucking facing the AI.

It is really fun playing this game mode, but once again an awesome online game mode can go to waste due to the awful community. There needs to be more punishment and consequences for quitting. If these same guys believe it is just a video game and it doesn't matter then they sure wouldn't be upset with a 30 minute suspension or a 1 day ban for excessive quitting within the first 2 minutes.

There should also be some sort of matchmaking in play where you can filter for the type of teammates you want. I don't want someone whose average teammate grade is a D+ and takes 28 shots a game. I'd rather have someone who has a B or higher that takes 8-10 high quality shots a game with 3-4 assist per game.

Anyways sorry for the rant, but this is just another example of 2k poorly implementing a potentially great online mode. You can't leave it up to the community as they will ruin any online game. Game developers need to take things in their own hands and start handing out suspensions/bans to minimize quitting.

What is everyone's experience with team up so far?
Too many people quit because they get placed on teams where they aren't passed the basketball I've had numerous games where players quit within the first 3 minutes of the first quarter because of the team they are on or because of the position they receive
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Re: Why does everyone quit in team up matches?

I am talking about guys quitting right away. I've seen people quit with some great players too. Do little kids sit on the game all night and keep trying over and over till they Lebron or Kobe?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12
Quote:
I am talking about guys quitting right away. I've seen people quit with some great players too. Do little kids sit on the game all night and keep trying over and over till they Lebron or Kobe?
Lol I would say yes lol
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
1. If they don't get the star player
2. If they get a low rated player
3. Teammates who don't pass
4. Dumb teammates
5. Game is too frustrating
6. Lag or lagged out
7. Had to go (yes it happens)
8. Power surge
9. Invited to play with Friends
10. Playing too many CPU players
11. Deficit is too big
12. Players not in bounding the ball
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Sometimes people in lobbys get put on different teams & so they quit. if im in a lobby & start a team up game I should be able to play on the same team with my friends
Old 04-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Sometimes people in lobbys get put on different teams & so they quit. if im in a lobby & start a team up game I should be able to play on the same team with my friends
I've never had this happen to me..
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

It happens on the xbox. More than a few times with me & ranked team up. It usually happens with a lobby of 2 or 3 friends

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »