Home

- Low Post/Inside Scoring Help Please!

This is a discussion on - Low Post/Inside Scoring Help Please! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7
- Low Post/Inside Scoring Help Please!

Having alot of trouble scoring inside and on the low block,i cant seem to back down the cpu and make a simple jump hook even if if my PF/C is in a mis-match situation or if i have a really good look.

Im not sure if i am releasing too early or too late in the shot and help would be appreciated,I am trying to avoid raising the sliders if it's maybe the timing of my shot.

Last edited by Matty Aqua; 06-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: - Low Post/Inside Scoring Help Please!

The success rates for jump hooks are too low there is no help that can really help you or practice. You really need to go to a different move.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Don't do jump hooks unless it's towards the middle of the paint. Hook shots turning away from the basket seem to have a very low success rate. Go to the training camp and learn how to do all the moves. I like the spin move, faceup-and-drive and shimmy shot. And make sure you are using someone good in the post (as if that's not obvious enough). People with Post Proficiency are very good at pulling off the post moves.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman
Having alot of trouble scoring inside and on the low block,i cant seem to back down the cpu and make a simple jump hook even if if my PF/C is in a mis-match situation or if i have a really good look.

Im not sure if i am releasing too early or too late in the shot and help would be appreciated,I am trying to avoid raising the sliders if it's maybe the timing of my shot

I know there was a thread on this maybe back on 2k12 i couldnt seem to find it and i never read through it
A few things that impact the struggle to back down:

- What sliders are you using
Sliders affect the ratings, therefor, strength might have been affected

- What difficulty
Difficulty levels have alteration of ratings, maybe strength is affected

- What roster
2k default does a pretty bad job when applying the strength rating scale, where many guards and wings are stronger than most Cs. A custom roster may very well do the same thing if not propperly scaled.

Hooks execution can be impacted by 4 things:

- Player rating

- Shooting areas sliders

- User shot timing (thus I think post moves release window has been altered/neglected from prior games)

- Defender rating
Old 06-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

Thanks for the responses!

I might have to go into scrimmage mode and get the release timing right,I havent had much succesd with the fadeaway after backing down either,but im assuming tht may be because of the players mid range rating.

Anybody else think the shimmy shot animation is terrible?.It feels so slow and heavy,and the player kind of looks like he is twisting i preferred the 2k11 shimmy shot animation!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
A few things that impact the struggle to back down:

- What sliders are you using
Sliders affect the ratings, therefor, strength might have been affected

- What difficulty
Difficulty levels have alteration of ratings, maybe strength is affected

- What roster
2k default does a pretty bad job when applying the strength rating scale, where many guards and wings are stronger than most Cs. A custom roster may very well do the same thing if not propperly scaled.

Hooks execution can be impacted by 4 things:

- Player rating

- Shooting areas sliders

- User shot timing (thus I think post moves release window has been altered/neglected from prior games)

- Defender rating

Thanks Facco, Im using Vt/Eaglerocks Roster with a personal slider set on All-Star difficulty...I think it's more my release time im not sure im releasing too early or too late in the animation.

I noticed a mis match on the block and fed the ball to Boozer who was backing down Isaiah Thomas,I Isolated too give Boozer space and control the mis match and still missed.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

up and under

UP AND UNDER!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Position in which you get the ball matters a lot too. Sometimes you can just run a 2 man game and enter it in to the post, pass it back out and then re enter it when he gets a little deeper position. Run some plays for your big man too

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »