Home

How i would remake MyCareer if i was at 2k Sports

This is a discussion on How i would remake MyCareer if i was at 2k Sports within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How i would remake MyCareer if i was at 2k Sports

Hello, i am an avarage gamer and i want to share my ideas for MyCareer, i know that my ideas will probably never get implemented, but i still want to share them with the community here.

First of all i would fully implement college basketball with either realistic rosters or fantasy ones, for quick matches and online play as well as MyCareer.

When creating your Player for MyCareer, you should be able to choose a background for him, like, what college does he go to, or if he is a street baller, or if he is in another country like Greece or France playing for another team.

This would determine what kind of games you will play before you become an NBA Player and your starting attributes, since American Basketball has different rules from European Basketball, and official basketball is different from Street Basketball.

I would personally remove VC from the game and replace it with 2 things: Motivation and Skill Points.

Motivation determines the will of your player to keep on going, having a huge impact on player growth.

Motivation can be raised by winning games, aquiring more playing time, setting a goal for your Player, and accomplishing that goal(more on this later)

Motivation can decrease if you are in a shooting slump, if your minutes decrease, if your role gets worse in a team and if you are a Superstar with no goal for too long.

Setting a goal for your player will be super important, the more ambitious your goal, the greater your players motivation to keep on going.

Skill Points, these can be spent on training camps and can be aquired by completing goals, playing well in games and is modified by your Motivation.

Training Camps: Each week, the player will have the choice of attending training camps, these will vary a lot depending on what your coach wants from you and what you personally want, your coach will occasionally request from you to raise an attribute that he thinks will contribute to your team if you raise it, completing his request will earn you more playing time and more team chemistry.

Player Personality, this will determine a lot in motivation as well as how other players see you as, for example, a friendly casual player will have a lot of friends in a team that he goes at but he wont have as much motivation as an Ambitious Competitive player and so forth.

Friends in the NBA and in the team that you are in, the player may wish to aquire friends in the NBA, friends can teach you different moves, new dunks, or improve your attributes by training with them.

Friends can be aquired by spending money to go out with a certain player of your choice for a certain activity, activities cost different amounts of money(more famous players will unlock over time the better you play, or if you are a member of their team).

Money can be gotten through different means such as contracts, and different events and can be spent on Legends Training Camps, giving money to charity to boost your Fame, or paying for dinner and other events that will get you friends and boost your team chemistry.

Fame Rating, this will determine how famous or well-spoken of a player you are, this will increase through different events, if play well and win a lot with your team or if you are friends with a superstar player, fame will be required for Legends Training Camps, how different players will view you as and if you make it to the all-star team.

Legends Training Camps will require a high fame rating and will cost a lot of money, but can teach your Player all kinds of things, such as new fancy dunks, signature skills and moves of famous players as well as boost your attributes by a big amount.

Learning, learning can be done in different manners and will teach you different things, like different dunks, new shots, new signature moves like post moves, a better step back jumper, etc...

Different dribble moves and other moves will have a rating thats ranges from "Very Poor" to "Excellent" depending on your ratings or what you learn.

I hope i didnt forget anything, i will add more as i get more ideas like what interactions you can have with your coach and the GM and such.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by costas84; 08-03-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: How i would remake MyCareer if i was at 2k Sports

I like your ideas a lot. Some of it would have to be modified so that it would work for 2k. For example, VC isn't going anywhere in the near future. You seem like the casual player who takes time to increase there overall as am I. But were in the minority most people don't have the patience to do this so they just buy there guy. Making 2k a lot of profit.

But the friends idea is pretty cool being able to take things from their game and putting it into yours.

Also like the motivation. This is huge in the NBA today. You got guys like Lebron and Kobe who work on their game on a daily basis and would do anything to be the best. Then you got guys like Jr Smith who really seem to be content with the player they are and would rather enjoy their offseason. (Not saying he doesn't put in a ton of work but its not to the level of the superstars of the league)
Old 08-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How i would remake MyCareer if i was at 2k Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
I like your ideas a lot. Some of it would have to be modified so that it would work for 2k. For example, VC isn't going anywhere in the near future. You seem like the casual player who takes time to increase there overall as am I. But were in the minority most people don't have the patience to do this so they just buy there guy. Making 2k a lot of profit.

But the friends idea is pretty cool being able to take things from their game and putting it into yours.

Also like the motivation. This is huge in the NBA today. You got guys like Lebron and Kobe who work on their game on a daily basis and would do anything to be the best. Then you got guys like Jr Smith who really seem to be content with the player they are and would rather enjoy their offseason. (Not saying he doesn't put in a ton of work but its not to the level of the superstars of the league)
Famous YouTubers dont buy VC i think, they just play a lot, some of them dont even have all their attributes maxed yet for their players, if they did buy VC most YouTubers would have all maxed out attribute players straight from the start(i mean from the start of their MyCareers), some of them do buy and increase their attributes, but i doubt that they max them out, thats just not fun and it kills motivation to play the game and it starts feeling like a job afterwards.

Just buying your guy doesnt feel like an accomplishment you know? Working hard and achieving something is a ton more accomplishing and if this is implemented correctly in future NBA games then they wont have to resort to Pay 2 Win to make money.

Properly exploiting the PC market is also another way for them to make money but this isnt what this thread is about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »