Home

NBA 2K14: Which mode will be the most improved?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Which mode will be the most improved? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30
NBA 2K14: Which mode will be the most improved?

So with all these wishlist threads, which mode do you think will see the most improvement in 2K14? Let's face it, we all know there are a lot of things that can be improved in every game mode, so let's decide which mode will be worked on the most by the 2K production team.

Personally, I could really see a lot more added to Association mode, both online and offline. MyCareer doesn't need as much work, but it was kind of confusing to navigate through when I first played 2K13. Coach mode is basically an unused feature of Association, and frankly I don't see the point of it other than to basically control a simmed game, meaning that you are in between being a rage quitter and a sore loser. No offense to anyone who uses it by the way, just what I've observed. No one I know uses coach mode. Blacktop is fun when you're new to the game, or when your playing with a friend or someone online, but I find it boring playing it with only 1 player. Therefore it should be added on to. Maybe add something like Association mode with an option where you can play a few games with your team on the blacktop or maybe even have a Slam Dunk Contest kind of thing on the blacktop. With MyCareer and MyPlayer, it would be nice to be able to shoot around on the blacktop or do drills on it. That would combine the main aspects of the game and make every mode better.

Now after hearing my very loud opinion, what do you guys think will be the most improved?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14: Which mode will be the most improved?

I just hope they make player that are OP in MyTeam like Steve Nowak more balanced.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hopefully assocation mode

Player development engine needs a HUGE improvement
Needs more depth
Trade logic rework
The scouting process should be deeper and more enjoyable.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

hopefully online quick matches will go back to the way they used to be with more difficult scoring and the need for brainpower to be used when playing. Its way to "pick up and play" freestyle friendly right now and doesn't punish bad decisions.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Rookie

King Casen's Arena

I think they should do something like mycareer and blacktop together like on 2k7 and still keep mycareer mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

online association, my career , offline association, myplayer blacktop, create a legend etc are all modes that if given a few tweaks here and there will keep those that play those modes quite satisfied. I've played all of those modes and honestly I like them a lot. But can we speak about the G I A N T white elephant in the room?

Crew Mode hasn't even BEEN in the game for 2 years straight!!! If any mode needed attention, it was this one. IDC about anyones opinions that slander this mode because they "could care less for it" or "Glad its gone" or "I'm an offline player, so who cares about 99 my players"....This mode imo, and clearly to a great number of the 2K Online community is the best mode 2k has ever made. Sure it had its flaws, but just taking a mode right out of the game????? GTFOH...Those of you who play whatever mode floats your boat, would go Donkey Kong ape ISH if your mode was taken out for 2 years....

Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Online, the servers. Period.

When I got this game I played some offline, but mostly online. I actually lost myplayer cuz I formatted my ps3 (stupidly) to try to fix the freezing issue.

It soured me on 2k online, that and people playing like scrubs during team up games... so I bought 2k13 on PC.

Once I played that for a few months, I got on ps3 2k and realized how terrible the input lag is. Of course, it it affected by who the host is, sometimes, but overall there is lag.

-Smak
Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

My career obviously, it's a big mode for 2k and you can just look back and see how far they've come with that mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »