Home

MyCareer Height thread

This is a discussion on MyCareer Height thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyCareer Height thread

I know a lot of people don't play blacktop, but what you see on blacktop is pretty much a preview (with better defense, as I have heard) of what is to come.

Height and Attribute caps
  1. Height
    Height caps for all positions should be as following:
    PG: 6'6" -Inch decrease
    SG: 6'8" -Inch decrease
    SF: 6'10" -2" decrease
    PF: 7'1" -Left alone
    C: 7'3" -Inch increase

Note: SF's max height should not be an inch or two shorter than a Center, that defeats the purpose of a Center. SF's should also not be able to be 7-feet, with the speed and quickness of Derrick Rose and shooting ability of Ray Allen [which brings me to my next point].

2. Attributes
    1.) Height and weight should have more of a factor on quickness (not speed, but maybe at a certain point), strength, ball security, and maybe even dunking and defensive low post (dunk because the taller you are, the closer you are to the rim (i don't really care about it though, just a thought)).

3. Arguments
    -I understand everyone thinks Kevin Durant is a 7' shooting guard with a 40" vertical and the speed of LBJ, but this is simply not the case.
    Kevin Durant is 6'10" in shoes, and has a 33" vertical.

He appears to have extreme quickness and vertical because of his outrageous 7'5" wingspan which he uses to bring out his crossover wider, get cleaner shots, and dunk with ease.

His handles: His handles are above average for someone his height, but because of his length and height, he's more subject to getting the ball stolen because he has it out there for a longer period of time.

-Another Argument I hear is Austin Daye is a 7' SF:
    Austin Daye is 6'10.75" in shoes with a 28" max vert. He gets little playing time because he's too slow for the 3, and too weak for the 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyCareer Height thread

What does everyone think?
Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
Banned

I feel like those height caps add more realism to the game; but, I don't know about height effecting ball security and quickness. Maybe 2k should increase the amount of VC [from what it already is] you need per extra inch of height, that might balance it a bit more.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinWithSim
I feel like those height caps add more realism to the game; but, I don't know about height effecting ball security and quickness. Maybe 2k should increase the amount of VC [from what it already is] you need per extra inch of height, that might balance it a bit more.
I got a 6'11 center and I find so many small f's taller than me with 99 quickness/speed/3-point, and it just adds an annoyance and just feels so unrealistic.

I understand some people do not care for online play, but just put your 2 cents in and weigh in; this effects many people, please do your part.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
MVP

I agree with those caps, seems like they are based off of current nba players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

It should be noted that, in 2K13, if your MyPlayer was the max height for his position, you would stop getting VC for scoring. Even if he was a 6'11" SF, you would still get VC for your baskets and free throws.

Is that exactly what's happening here? Or does it change with the cap?

For instance, under these new caps, a 7'2" center would get VC for a basket, but a 7'3" center would not. Previously, a 7'1" center would get it and a 7'2" center would now.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
I agree with those caps, seems like they are based off of current nba players
Yeah, the current NBA 2k13 caps are far too unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
It should be noted that, in 2K13, if your MyPlayer was the max height for his position, you would stop getting VC for scoring. Even if he was a 6'11" SF, you would still get VC for your baskets and free throws.

Is that exactly what's happening here? Or does it change with the cap?

For instance, under these new caps, a 7'2" center would get VC for a basket, but a 7'3" center would not. Previously, a 7'1" center would get it and a 7'2" center would now.
Most people buy their VC and/or get their VC from online gameplay/glitches. So that really doesn't even limit them.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTS2k
Yeah, the current NBA 2k13 caps are far too unreasonable.

Most people buy their VC and/or get their VC from online gameplay/glitches. So that really doesn't even limit them.
They should have maximum thresholds (hard coded) for all ratings depending on position, height and weight. A 5'11" point guard shouldn't have the strength of a 6'7"-6'9" power forward, just like a 7'4" center shouldn't the speed, quickness or handle of a shooting guard. Making the freak of nature type players (Dirk, LeBron, Durant & Magic) should cost twice the VC and take 2 to 3 times as long to max out.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »