Home

NBA 2K14 steal worry

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 steal worry within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NBA 2K14 steal worry

I saw the gameplay from Ronnie and Chris once again, and noticed that Nash slapped his hands and then it hit the basketball. Raymond Felton was lost and it was an easy FB opportunity for Nash, however he missed the shot.

Now my problem comes with that slap... I HATE IT. Never will you watch a basketball game, someone slaps their hand so slowly and the offensive player is not going to react. However i know Ronnie was controlling Felton, but is one of those things where i think is best if they had an animation for him protecting the ball, that is what fixes the reaching IMO because is either too easy to steal ala 2K12 or you always have a foul ala 2K13.

PS: Why i used the word "ala" instead of "like: IDK....

Click here to watch something funny (2K14)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 steal worry

looks like i am the only one worrying about this hehe

Click here to watch something funny (2K14)
Old 09-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
I saw the gameplay from Ronnie and Chris once again, and noticed that Nash slapped his hands and then it hit the basketball. Raymond Felton was lost and it was an easy FB opportunity for Nash, however he missed the shot.

Now my problem comes with that slap... I HATE IT. Never will you watch a basketball game, someone slaps their hand so slowly and the offensive player is not going to react. However i know Ronnie was controlling Felton, but is one of those things where i think is best if they had an animation for him protecting the ball, that is what fixes the reaching IMO because is either too easy to steal ala 2K12 or you always have a foul ala 2K13.

PS: Why i used the word "ala" instead of "like: IDK....
The protect animation is in 2k13 and is triggered by steal attempts sometimes. You'll see it when people steal at an oppertune time but don't get it on black top. I see it all the time, a reach in where the ball handler brings the ball into a low dribble away from the defender for a minute to avoid it. You hardly see it in gameplay because most of the time if it's black top, they spam steal so damn much that it rarely comes out, or if you even look at the steal button in regular games it's a foul.

But that particular style of animation is in the game, and I'd assume it's still in 2k14 unless it was removed for some odd reason.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

felton was casually dribbling the ball not protecting

real problem lies with they got nash playing defense LOLZ

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »