Home

******** A.I. in mycareer

This is a discussion on ******** A.I. in mycareer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
******** A.I. in mycareer

My player is a pf and i play on superstar sim. Now, this is probably less of an issue to people who like to dominate the ball, but if you want to be a defender/rebounder it's annoying as hell.

On offense. (with and without plays turned on)
- When i set a screen for the ballhandler giving him an open lane or midrange jumper, another teammate cuts in front of him and takes away any chance of a score.
- Teammates don't pass the ball to wide open shooters.
- Ballhandler at times dribbles in place 4-5 feet behind the 3pt line for 10-15 seconds and throws up a horrible shot when the shotclock runs out.
- Durant barely touches the ball while jeremy lamb takes 25-30 shots. Ok...

On defense, just one for now.
When i'm guarding a shooter and get beat of the dribble or on a pumpfake there is no rotational defense. Playing next to ibaka you'd think he'd move two steps to his left/right to contest the shot right? Wrong.

I can't be the only one having these problems right?

P.S. I wish all superstar/-team abusers and cheesers a bad day for ruining MyTeam.

Last edited by benson_bone; 10-03-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: I wanted to edit the title, but it won't let me. Apparently the most common word for mentally handicapped is a swear word.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: ******** A.I. in mycareer

I haven't bought the game yet but this sounds awful
Old 10-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm a SF, and have the exact same issues. Maybe that's why I never notice any improvements in the AI from year-to-year; I only really play My Career. For some reason, the AI on my team is always awful. Even on isos, they clog the lane or drag their defender into a perfect position to defend against the ball-handler.

Interestingly enough, I got drafted to the Thunder as well, and I watched Ibaka do a box out on the air, while Pau Gasol walked right past him for an offensive rebound. It's like the AI on the user's team in My Career is not the same as the rest of the game.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Glad I'm not the only one. I'm a SF, and have the exact same issues. Maybe that's why I never notice any improvements in the AI from year-to-year; I only really play My Career. For some reason, the AI on my team is always awful. Even on isos, they clog the lane or drag their defender into a perfect position to defend against the ball-handler.

Interestingly enough, I got drafted to the Thunder as well, and I watched Ibaka do a box out on the air, while Pau Gasol walked right past him for an offensive rebound. It's like the AI on the user's team in My Career is not the same as the rest of the game.

RIP my player/career mode ! So much money to be made here but yet the game play is beyond horrible. Defense AI was always bad now the offense and skill points are just as useless. I played the game once and it's already in the case tossed in the closet collecting dust.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin

I'd say you have it backwards. The My Career teammate AI is not significantly different than the AI for normal play. You are relying on teammate player tendencies to fill in the blanks that would normally be filled by a user.

This is why you can pass to wide open shooters in the corner and they dribble into traffic instead of shoot. Their tendencies say they should drive more than shoot, so you get a crappy shot instead of a good 3 pointer.

This is why boxouts are hit and miss. The CPU assumes that if you really wanted to get the board, you would switch to the bigs and manually control the rebounding.

But you get good stuff with this too. Instead of scripted cuts away from the ball, you can control dives and call for the ball when you get an open lane. Your player can pre-emptively move into position for a rebound when the shot clock gets low. You can rotate intelligently on defense to make up for your AI teammates.

It's just learning the new places where you can break down the opposing team, and learning to use your teammates' tendencies to your greatest advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm seeing the same crap also. Melo wasn't getting the ball much but MWP was playing like he was Kobe. MWP was posting up hitting fadeaways and hitting 3s like he was a superstar.

*EDIT* have a game with the Knicks again and Melo is getting the a decent amount but MWP still doesn't play like himself. I never payed attention to Bargnani but I always thought he was a spot up shooter. He see him posting up a lot and doing fadeaway shots.

Last edited by apollooff320; 10-03-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I'm seeing the same crap also. Melo wasn't getting the ball much but MWP was playing like he was Kobe. MWP was posting up hitting fadeaways and hitting 3s like he was a superstar.

*EDIT* have a game with the Knicks again and Melo is getting the a decent amount but MWP still doesn't play like himself. I never payed attention to Bargnani but I always thought he was a spot up shooter. He see him posting up a lot and doing fadeaway shots.
That's because on the default roster Bargs has high post and post fadeaway tendencies. Take those way down and move the pick and roll/fade to about 75 and you'll see him start pick and popping more.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Po0hd1n1's Arena

OVR: 5

my player is trash if you're not a PG

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »