Home

I'm Sick and Tired of This, Fix the Online Association!!!!!!

This is a discussion on I'm Sick and Tired of This, Fix the Online Association!!!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm Sick and Tired of This, Fix the Online Association!!!!!!

I am making this thread in hopes someone who works for 2K can see it and help fix the problems with this game mode. I am getting extremely frustrated with this game, but will try to keep a level head while posting this and give detailed analysis of the problems with this game.

* The very first online association (29 game season) me and my friends completed got stuck in the offseason and has had two separate 30 day timers. We actually completed the postseason and as soon as the league went into the offseason, it got stuck and we had to scrap the league. We paused the league during the postseason and because this game takes away ALL commissioner options during the offseason, we were not able to un-pause it.

* We do another online association (58 game season) and we get to the playoffs. This time, the timer completely stops once the playoffs start and the date of the league does not move off of April 19th (the first round games were still open to play). As soon as we finish the first round, the game automatically goes into the offseason and no team is crowned NBA champion. Yet again, another league we have to scrap due to a bug in the game.

* We do another league, 29 game season and yet again we fall into a new issue. There was a trade (Rudy Gay, Tony Allen and Tony Wroten for Andre Iguodala and other players) that made the league glitch and all of a sudden; there were two Iguodala's and two Tony Allen's. Rudy Gay and Tony Wroten were completely removed from the game. Also, for some reason, it cloned Jrue Holiday and put him on both the 76ers and the Nuggets.

I realize that online association may not be a very popular segment of the game, but it is the only thing I enjoy doing in this game. I do not like MyPlayer (don't like playing the CPU) and I don't really enjoy playing online ranked anymore (people shooting 50 3's a game, euro-step 3, etc). I enjoy playing with friends in an online association, but the mode is EXTREMELY glitched. Personally, I feel like I was robbed of my money and was a sold a game that is extremely buggy and does not work properly. We have tried and tried to do several different online leagues, yet they all fail due to a glitch/bug in the game.

If anybody else has had any issues with online association, post your stories. In addition, if someone has ran or has been apart of an online league that has went flawlessly for more than one season and has any advice to help get around these bugs, please post them. I'm not trying to criticize 2K, I love the game; however these issues need to be fixed.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Wow, there are more glitches in that mode then I realized. I hated how they take away all the commissioner options during the playoffs and off-season. Also, I hate how you can sign pretty much anyone for a minimum contract on the off-season free agency.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: I'm Sick and Tired of This, Fix the Online Association!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicFan4Life
Wow, there are more glitches in that mode then I realized. I hated how they take away all the commissioner options during the playoffs and off-season. Also, I hate how you can sign pretty much anyone for a minimum contract on the off-season free agency.
They don't take away all commissioner options during the playoffs. They only take them away during the offseason. I have never actually reach the free agency period in any of the online leagues that I have done, even though we have made it to the playoffs in nearly all of them. The game is extremely bugged.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

+111111111111111111 to the OP

Do something with the next patch 2k!!! You suck neglecting OA. Awful... I don't want OA anymore, give us all 1 season online game mode.......... bcs you can't make it happen, 2 years in a row you've blew it....
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
+111111111111111111 to the OP

Do something with the next patch 2k!!! You suck neglecting OA. Awful... I don't want OA anymore, give us all 1 season online game mode.......... bcs you can't make it happen, 2 years in a row you've blew it....
The sad part is, they probably do not care. Most people who play 2K mainly play offline modes and MyPlayer, that's why they mainly cater to them. For example, 2K bringing in all those YouTube guys to play the game before it was released was GREAT. However, they brought in a bunch of guys who mainly only play MyPlayer. If they would have brought in just ONE guy who mainly plays online, they could fix a lot of these issues.

I am much more of a 2K fan, but I would love to buy an NBA Live game. All we want to do is be able to finish online leagues. Is that seriously too much to ask for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
MVP

I mean to be able to finish just a season without any bugs occuring, we don't want on-going seasons and clearly 2k can't succesfully implement it, so why keep going on even when you're not fixing what's already broken 2 years in a row.... Cmon, get this thread up people...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bump.

This is a huge issue.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by detriotpistonfan
Bump.

This is a huge issue.
Exactly, it should be heard by 2k developers, we still have at least 2 patches to get some issues fixed...

Cmon 2k...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »