Home

MyCareer got worse since last year

This is a discussion on MyCareer got worse since last year within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
MyCareer got worse since last year

NBA 2K14 is the worst sports game I have played, for a bunch of reasons. I'm only going to focus on MyCareer though. 2K said they would fix teammate AI but instead they made it worse because now teammates never shoot even when they are wide open. I play as a PG on the Raptors, I used cheat engine to make myself 99 overall, and I score 24 to 30 points every game but we still get blown out regularly. The main reason is because I'm the only one who shoots the ball good. My team either runs around and then takes a low quality shot or passes the ball around until the shot clock runs out and then takes a really bad shot. There are very few moments where my team plays like a real NBA team. And my player is constantly harassed on the fake twitter feed because they say I don't get enough assists, but that's not my fault, it's a problem with the computer not shooting.

Also, the momentum system makes it impossible for my incompetent teammates to hold a lead. Whenever our lead gets big enough, the momentum system kicks in and the game starts cheating for the other team. What I mean by this is that the computer will make every shot, good or bad, all the fouls will be in their favor, and they always win the rebounding battle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MyCareer got worse since last year

Run PnR, or call a timeout

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I cannot play MyCareer anymore. Nobody but a PG can use the right D-pad commands to do anything offensively. I can't call a post-up for my center or get anyone to cut to the basket. You have zero control over the offense if you arent the pg.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by javicd21
Run PnR, or call a timeout

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I used to be really good at pick and rolls but Toronto is not good at making screens for me. And the main guy setting screens for me, Tyler Hansbrough, broke his arm and is out for the rest of the season.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles1991
I cannot play MyCareer anymore. Nobody but a PG can use the right D-pad commands to do anything offensively. I can't call a post-up for my center or get anyone to cut to the basket. You have zero control over the offense if you arent the pg.
wouldn't a point forward or on the court coach sig skill work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
I used to be really good at pick and rolls but Toronto is not good at making screens for me. And the main guy setting screens for me, Tyler Hansbrough, broke his arm and is out for the rest of the season.
You can tell other players to set picks/screens for you; I'm not playing right now so I don't know how off the top of my head, but I often have Kevin Martin set screens/picks for me and depending on the D reaction I'll either kick it out to Martin for an open jumper or attack the basket, I run pick and rolls/pick and pops with Love, I run pick and rolls with Pek or pick and rolls, give and go's or alley oops with Rubio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty3breeze
wouldn't a point forward or on the court coach sig skill work?
Yes, they both work.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

At 99 overall you only average 24-30 points a game?....
Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
At 99 overall you only average 24-30 points a game?....
It's because I have six minute quarters, because I pass a lot, and because the momentum system can make me keep missing open jumpshots and threes. In 2K13 I did the same thing and got more points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »