Home

Old 02-26-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
MVP

Twista209's Arena

OVR: 8
FAQ

FAQ's and answers to all your questions, read and search below. If you can't find your answer here then ask away.

Twitter @Twista_309
Instagram OD_309

Last edited by Twista209; 02-26-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Cat Daddy Games

OVR: 0
Re: FAQ

Q: Why did I lose my Season Game even though I have higher stats than my opponent?

A:

I've seen a lot of speculation about how Season games are getting calculated. I will not go into specific calculations since that would break the game for everyone as people try to min/max, however, keep the following in mind:

1. Home/Away has no effect on the outcome of the game. It's there for flavor only in Season games.

2. The 1st and 2nd line of players have an effect on the outcome of your game. The top line (your starters) have more of an effect on the outcome, but the bench players absolutely have an effect. If you stack really high stats just in your top 5 but have low to mediocre players on your bench then you increase your odds you will lose despite having very high stats. Bottom line, don't neglect your bench players, they matter.

3. The stats will not always determine the winner. They are a good predictor but several things could be going on behind the numbers. You could have someone that has 4 ok cards, and one amazing card that is pushing the numbers up really high. When that card gets used in the simulation he crushes for that quarter, but the other 3 quarters are VERY close. You could also have someone that is playing lots of players with good Team abilities. If they all trigger during the game then they will get a significant boost. I know I may play a player that is slightly worse than another one simply because he has a better ability. They make a difference.

4. Support cards make a difference. I am super jealous of those of you that have acquired a Legendary support card. that literally can swing whole games in your favor in some cases. Good support cards matter and you can only get them from the Draft board. So savor those supports and make sure to plug holes in your stats for a Season with a good support card.

5. Just like in a Quick Game, the Events that come up each quarter and the order in which they appear, which affects which cards get played, have an effect on the outcome of the game. Again, high stat cards, good abilities, etc. all make it more likely to do well in Season Games but sometimes Events come out in a certain order that just allows a less stacked team to pull out a win. Much like in the real NBA, sometimes teams just have things go their way, or they have a really hot night. Over the course of a 7 game series things should even out, but looking at just one particular game isn't valid. Sometimes you stack everything right, but you still lose. It's possible in the NBA, and possible in our Season mode. Makes things more exciting. Energizing your players, balancing your lines to make sure each stat is as high as possible in both rows, having good support cards, using players with good abilities, all these things help tip the balance in your favor.

6. Currently playing guys out of position only affects their energy consumption. We are going to be changing that in the future, but for now out of position play doesn't penalize you other than you need a lot more energy.

Last edited by NWGameDad; 02-26-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
Cat Daddy Games

Q: I combined two cards to make a Pro card, but after I leveled it the stats are lower than my friend who has the same Pro card. What did I do wrong?

A: To maximize the potential of a Pro card, you must level BOTH cards to maximum level BEFORE combining them into a Pro card. A Pro card's starting stats are based on the average level of BOTH you're combining. Failing to level both cards to maximum before Combining them will result in a Pro card that will not reach the maximum potential.

Last edited by NWGameDad; 02-26-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Cat Daddy Games

Q: I've played 10,000 Quick Games and never received an Epic or Legendary card. Why not?

A: I see lots of discussion about how we give out random cards. We do not track how many games you have played, what you purchased, or how strong your deck is then adjust your drop rate in draft or purchased packs.

On the draft board it is a random chance, not evenly random but a fixed random percentage, that the reset card will be either an Energy or a Rare card (i.e. Energy cards do drop more frequently than Rares but it is the same percentage chance each board). If it is a Rare card then there is a chance it will be an Epic or a Legendary (again not an even chance, but a fixed chance). Once rarity is determined another random roll is done to determine which card it is from that pool of rarity. This has nothing to do with the number of games you played, so although you may feel like the game is smartly avoiding giving you certain cards, it isn't. It's all luck based. It is also not based on someone else getting or not getting an Epic/Legendary card. The fixed chances at cards is just that, fixed.

Here's an example, if I flip a coin once the chance it will be heads is 50%. If I flip a coin 1000 times, on my next flip what is the chance it will be heads? Still 50%. Even if those previous 1000 flips all came up tails, the next flip still has a 50% chance to be heads. The previous flips do not matter. Only the odds of what will happen in the next flip is what matters.

For purchased packs, the random percentages have absolutely zero to do with your deck strength, prior purchases, draft pulls, number of games played, etc. Each pack has a random chance to be a particular rarity followed by a random chance of which card it is based on the theme of the pack. For example, a Team Pack will have a random chance to be Common -> Epic (again, not an even chance, but a fixed random percentage), but it will always drop a player from your MVP Team per the rules of the theme. The Epic Pack has a chance to be either a Legendary or Epic, it is weighted more towards Epics, but there is still a good chance it would be Legendary, and the player is derived from the entire pool or Epics and Legendary cards.

The multi-card packs (6 Player and 6 Player Division) basically have a chance to drop certain rarities per "slot". One of those slots will always give you either a Rare or Epic card. So, if you want a guaranteed Rare card the 6 Player packs are the best deal.

Hopefully that helps you all understand how it works.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
Cat Daddy Games

Q: How do I earn Credits in the game?

A: You can acquire Credits by purchasing them, or using the Daily VC Bonus lottery in MyGame.

Q: Can I buy VC for the console game in the app?

A: No, you cannot. However, you can collect free VC via the Daily Lottery, Pick and Win games, and playing Quick Games.

Q: Are VC and Credits the same thing?

A: No, VC is the currency used in the NBA2K14 console game. Credits is the currency specific to the MyNBA2K14 companion app used for purchases in MyTeamMobile.

Last edited by NWGameDad; 04-04-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: New update changed this some
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Cat Daddy Games

Q: What are the ways to play in MyTeamMobile?

A: There are currently 3 game modes in MyTeamMobile:

• Quick Games - Short 1-3 minute card battles where you engage with an opposing team using your 5 best players in a 4 quarter game. You acquire free Draft Picks for playing (2 if you win, 1 if you lose), which allows you to gain new cards.

• Season Games - An ~5 day NBA Season simulation using 15 of your cards. 82 regular games are played followed by the Playoffs. Games play every 30 minutes with 30 minutes in between to allow time for you to adjust your players. Rewards for playing a Season range from a single card to Epic Players and Card Packs.

• Rivals Clash Events - Every 2 weeks, a special event runs pitting two rival NBA teams against each other. You pick a side and play for that team earning Personal Points. Personal Points are used to give you a ranking on the leaderboard. Based on your rank you win special rewards.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
Cat Daddy Games

Q: In Rivals Clash, if I pick the team that loses, do I still get any reward?

A: Yes, your Personal Points are what determines your Rank on the leaderboard. Everyone, no matter which team they selected, is on the same leaderboard. The winning team just determines the rewards for the event, it does not determine your personal rewards. Your Rank determines that.

For example, if the event were Lakers vs. Celtics, and I chose the Celtics and my final Rank put me in the Tier 1 rewards, but the Celtics lose. I would still receive the Tier 1 reward, but it would be Laker rewards.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #8
Cat Daddy Games

Q: On the NBA2K14 (or MyGame) side of the app, I can't get my e-mail to work or I forgot my e-mail. What do I do?

A: If you're playing NBA 2K14 on your Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 you can find your email address by going to the menu option "MyPLAYER screen" and then into the "Edit MyPLAYER ACCOUNT" screen.

If you're playing NBA 2K14 on your Xbox One or Playstation 4 you can find your email address within the Options menu. The Options menu can be accessed by going to NBA Today, pressing the Circle button (B button Xbox One), choosing "Options" and then scrolling over to the email address screen.

This is under the assumption that your 2K Sports account is an active Live account, meaning that you were connected to the Internet through your console when you created it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »