Home

Where to go for Support?

This is a discussion on Where to go for Support? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
Cat Daddy Games

OVR: 0
Where to go for Support?

It has come to my attention that several people have been contacting Operation Sports for MyNBA2K15 support issues. I wanted to make it clear that Operation Sports is not directly affiliated with MyNBA2K15 or Cat Daddy games and will not be able to provide you any assistance with the game.

Steve_OS runs an awesome site here, and NBA 2K has long had a large community here, so when we started MyNBA2K he helped establish a space for us here to talk with all of you. That doesn't mean OS does support for the game however.

In general for ALL support type issues, your best avenue is to send in a Feedback ticket from inside the game. If you go to Options (the little gear at the bottom) then tap Feedback, that will generate an e-mail with a bunch of data we need to look up your account. Put in details on your problem and send the mail. That mail gets sent directly to Cat Daddy Feedback team members who have the right tools to address your issue.

If you're sending in a problem that pertains to purchase issues, it is very helpful to send in a receipt of your purchase from your App Store. That will be the first thing we request from you when you send in a feedback and it will speed up the process if you send it initially.

Our Feedback team will reply to your ticket in the order it is received. Sending multiple tickets doesn't make the process faster, if anything it just clogs up the system.

I hope this helps you understand the system a bit better, and reduces the number of random requests Steve and his team have been getting here on OS. When in doubt on where to get support just send in a Feedback from inside the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #2
All Star

yiy1156's Arena

Re: Where to go for Support?

Once I saw your name I thought it was something about the update... The troll man...
Epics: 26 (1 support)
Epic Pros: 1 (midyear Tereke Evans)
Drafted Epics: 24
Legendary players: 0
Legendary supports: 2
Drafted: 2
Rivals: MJ, Duncan, Ewing, Dirk, KD
Old 04-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
All Star

kclutch24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
It has come to my attention that several people have been contacting Operation Sports for MyNBA2K15 support issues. I wanted to make it clear that Operation Sports is not directly affiliated with MyNBA2K15 or Cat Daddy games and will not be able to provide you any assistance with the game.

Steve_OS runs an awesome site here, and NBA 2K has long had a large community here, so when we started MyNBA2K he helped establish a space for us here to talk with all of you. That doesn't mean OS does support for the game however.

In general for ALL support type issues, your best avenue is to send in a Feedback ticket from inside the game. If you go to Options (the little gear at the bottom) then tap Feedback, that will generate an e-mail with a bunch of data we need to look up your account. Put in details on your problem and send the mail. That mail gets sent directly to Cat Daddy Feedback team members who have the right tools to address your issue.

If you're sending in a problem that pertains to purchase issues, it is very helpful to send in a receipt of your purchase from your App Store. That will be the first thing we request from you when you send in a feedback and it will speed up the process if you send it initially.

Our Feedback team will reply to your ticket in the order it is received. Sending multiple tickets doesn't make the process faster, if anything it just clogs up the system.

I hope this helps you understand the system a bit better, and reduces the number of random requests Steve and his team have been getting here on OS. When in doubt on where to get support just send in a Feedback from inside the game.
Thanks for addressing this GameDad. As you know, quite a few of us have reached out to you personally to resolve our issues AFTER we had submitted the ticket requests the right way.

Can you address any of the following or share more detail on the following?

1) If we send in a ticket request today, when should we hear back?

2) What steps do we need to take if more than a week passes and we don't hear a response?

3) What's the structure for your support team, ie how many staff members do you have, are they cross trained to troubleshoot various types of issues? Just trying to identify the root cause of why a) some of us never hear back and b) why some tickets appear to get "lost in the shuffle".

Just curious because I've personally reached out to you several times because a month or two passed without any resolution, and it sounds like I'm not the only one. From the consumer standpoint, customer service is NOT CD's forte and I understand it's not your job, but quite frankly, the "rule of thumb" if you will is PM GameDad when the Support team doesn't respond.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I think it's an important item that needs to be addressed going forward.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
Pro

Brinkus's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclutch24
Thanks for addressing this GameDad. As you know, quite a few of us have reached out to you personally to resolve our issues AFTER we had submitted the ticket requests the right way.

2) What steps do we need to take if more than a week passes and we don't hear a response?

3) What's the structure for your support team, ie how many staff members do you have, are they cross trained to troubleshoot various types of issues? Just trying to identify the root cause of why a) some of us never hear back and b) why some tickets appear to get "lost in the shuffle".

Just curious because I've personally reached out to you several times because a month or two passed without any resolution, and it sounds like I'm not the only one. From the consumer standpoint, customer service is NOT CD's forte and I understand it's not your job, but quite frankly, the "rule of thumb" if you will is PM GameDad when the Support team doesn't respond.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I think it's an important item that needs to be addressed going forward.
Agree with you 100%. I put a ticket in on 3/27 and have not heard back so I basically just gave up, without hassling them. Would be nice to get an email letting me know what's going on, or at least be acknowledged that you've seen my ticket.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #5
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclutch24

Some more info, the Feedback team at Cat Daddy is something we built in the last 2 years when MyNBA2K14 really started taking off. You're correct in stating support isn't CD's forte, before we started building mobile games our support was all handled by 2K Support. Console game support and boxed games were just more easily handled by that team. We've been working on improving our customer service now that CD handles it for mobile.

With the mobile games we have been building that are server based it is no longer true that the 2K Support team can handle our customer service simply because they don't have access to the tools they need to resolve issues. Our server interfaces need to be done from our offices at Cat Daddy. When '14 rolled around, we found it was much faster and more efficient to just have support issues handled by our team. As our games became more popular we needed to expand and improve our processes for handling the larger amounts of feedback we receive, which we have been working on.

Our Feedback team is larger now than earlier in the year, and we have multiple shifts to cover more time periods during the week. However, generally the team doesn't work weekends. We're working on some better tools to increase efficiency of the team so that response times are faster. In the meantime, I can't really answer how long something is going to take. It depends on the type of issue, and the volume of tickets the team currently has in the queue. When events are going on, we get more tickets, so anything you send during an event will likely take several days.

If you have things that are lingering longer than a week, then continue to let me or Brad know. It's helpful to get a read on what you the customer is feeling when dealing with Feedback. However, be sure to include information we can use to track down who you are. I will get random people asking for help, but they don't tell what game they are talking about, or what their in game name is, or what the number was at the top of their Feedback ticket (that's what I really need to find you).

I know Feedback can be slow sometimes, and currently we definitely seem to be further behind on NBA than normal, but we are working on ways to improve the experience for everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
All Star

kclutch24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
Some more info, the Feedback team at Cat Daddy is something we built in the last 2 years when MyNBA2K14 really started taking off. You're correct in stating support isn't CD's forte, before we started building mobile games our support was all handled by 2K Support. Console game support and boxed games were just more easily handled by that team. We've been working on improving our customer service now that CD handles it for mobile.

With the mobile games we have been building that are server based it is no longer true that the 2K Support team can handle our customer service simply because they don't have access to the tools they need to resolve issues. Our server interfaces need to be done from our offices at Cat Daddy. When '14 rolled around, we found it was much faster and more efficient to just have support issues handled by our team. As our games became more popular we needed to expand and improve our processes for handling the larger amounts of feedback we receive, which we have been working on.

Our Feedback team is larger now than earlier in the year, and we have multiple shifts to cover more time periods during the week. However, generally the team doesn't work weekends. We're working on some better tools to increase efficiency of the team so that response times are faster. In the meantime, I can't really answer how long something is going to take. It depends on the type of issue, and the volume of tickets the team currently has in the queue. When events are going on, we get more tickets, so anything you send during an event will likely take several days.

If you have things that are lingering longer than a week, then continue to let me or Brad know. It's helpful to get a read on what you the customer is feeling when dealing with Feedback. However, be sure to include information we can use to track down who you are. I will get random people asking for help, but they don't tell what game they are talking about, or what their in game name is, or what the number was at the top of their Feedback ticket (that's what I really need to find you).

I know Feedback can be slow sometimes, and currently we definitely seem to be further behind on NBA than normal, but we are working on ways to improve the experience for everyone.

That's great to hear, and that level of transparency is much appreciated. I think many of us become quite frustrated because we don't understand and see why the support team is so behind, but your response perfectly explains what is going on behind the scenes. Thank you.

And I get that this isn't fixed overnight, but I'm glad CD is working on improving this aspect of the business. With your games becoming more popular, hearing that this is an area of focus CD is actively working on improving speaks volumes.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #7
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

I had the bug happen where I auctioned a card from the cards list and it was part of my RttC lineup. It timed out and when I reclaimed it just vanished. I tried to follow your instructions, but when I clicked on the feedback it just told me to send an e-mail to a certain e-mail address, so I wrote an e-mail by hand.

Did I do something wrong?
Lineup:
PG: Foil Legendary Pro MVP Stephen Curry
SG: Foil Epic Pro George Gervin
SF: Foil Legendary Pro LeBron James
PF: Foil Epic Pro Larry Johnson
C : Foil Epic Pro Robert Parish
Old 04-29-2015, 12:56 AM   #8
Rookie

Miickaels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartForce
I had the bug happen where I auctioned a card from the cards list and it was part of my RttC lineup. It timed out and when I reclaimed it just vanished. I tried to follow your instructions, but when I clicked on the feedback it just told me to send an e-mail to a certain e-mail address, so I wrote an e-mail by hand.

Did I do something wrong?
Had the same issue, so I had no answer to my problem (different from you tho)
MVP: Derrick Rose - Star Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »