Home

Why does it even take SO LONG to just get into a GAME and PLAY?

This is a discussion on Why does it even take SO LONG to just get into a GAME and PLAY? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Why does it even take SO LONG to just get into a GAME and PLAY?

Aside from any gameplay issues or concerns, I'd like to simply know why it takes so long and I have to go thru so many different screens and loads to just get into a game in franchise mode....its absolutely rediculous and makes me not even want to boot up the game for that reason alone.

Even when Im simming and the great feature that allows you to INTERVENE at any point during the box score simming is something that is a complete loathsome experience of waiting, loading, watching the scripted tunnel entrance intro, etc. I mean come on....what were the designers thinking about when they implemented this?

A Jump in to SIM feature should have a minimal load time and throw you right into the game on the court almost immediately if possible.
No I can understand load times from Disk, but there has got to be intelligent caching methods and algorithms that can be used to keep these to a minimal and for heaven's sakes...get rid of all the unecessary fluff that has to preload before the actual game such as the gym, the pan out from a tv screen, the running thru the cooridor...etc. or at least give the option to turn these fluffy annoyances off and dump us into the game as quickly as possible!

Please!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Why does it even take SO LONG to just get into a GAME and PLAY?

ADD....
Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Rookie

shpankey's Arena

OVR: 5

my single biggest complain with the game too. ugh... i hate it.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Aside from any gameplay issues or concerns, I'd like to simply know why it takes so long and I have to go thru so many different screens and loads to just get into a game in franchise mode....its absolutely rediculous and makes me not even want to boot up the game for that reason alone.

Even when Im simming and the great feature that allows you to INTERVENE at any point during the box score simming is something that is a complete loathsome experience of waiting, loading, watching the scripted tunnel entrance intro, etc. I mean come on....what were the designers thinking about when they implemented this?

A Jump in to SIM feature should have a minimal load time and throw you right into the game on the court almost immediately if possible.
No I can understand load times from Disk, but there has got to be intelligent caching methods and algorithms that can be used to keep these to a minimal and for heaven's sakes...get rid of all the unecessary fluff that has to preload before the actual game such as the gym, the pan out from a tv screen, the running thru the cooridor...etc. or at least give the option to turn these fluffy annoyances off and dump us into the game as quickly as possible!

Please!
Why don't you just turn the feature off before you start your franchise and it will be just like 2k's Association where the games can just sim directly! Not that big of an issue.

Also whats the big deal about the gym on the loading screen, you'll barely take 2 to 3 full shots before your already into the game.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Why don't you just turn the feature off before you start your franchise and it will be just like 2k's Association where the games can just sim directly! Not that big of an issue.

Also whats the big deal about the gym on the loading screen, you'll barely take 2 to 3 full shots before your already into the game.
Some people just need something to complain about... LOL.. Loading is not a problem at all for me on either system...

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Sure it can be quicker but it isn't a problem for me either.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Some of you guys are full of it yesterday OTP Club Games and obviously franchise games took foooooooooooooorever to load up. I'm thinking it was due to the ASW download. Also I was prompted to D/L DNA at every screen in the game It seemed like the first 2 weeks after launch when the bugs and kinks were getting worked out.

Then again maybe just me and the OP were having that problemdoubt it because all my club member and members from other clubs were having it as well
Old 02-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5

I just bought this game yesterday. Haven't done franchise or anything yet...but do I have to sit through that NBA 365 thing EVERY TIME i start up the game??? It is SO ANNOYING.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »