Home

For you NBA live Devs from a 2k Player

This is a discussion on For you NBA live Devs from a 2k Player within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 05:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Smile For you NBA live Devs from a 2k Player

I grew up on nba live but switch to 2k in 06. i am sadden by the way 2k is making their games more arcade style like a sportscenter highlight reel. They are just using old models of the game and adding in animations to make the game more flashy. and dont even get me started on the lack of DEFENSE in 2k9. I want you all to succeed this year so i offer you this checklist on what you need to do to make live the top selling game this summer

1. Revamp player models some players look great, some are ugly. If you can get the birdman looking realistic you will win hands down lol

2. Fix freethrow mechanic. IT is to arcady atm. get rid of a meter and make it based on shooting form like 2k does

3. Revamp Dribbling mechanic using the stick to dribble doesnt seem right cause you can do any move just by turning the stick in circles.

4. Rim physics - the ball and rim interact like a rubberband for some odd reason

5. defense- please add defense , 2k didnt read the memo for 2k9. Make player attibutes matter. battier should be better than roy on defense.make it noticeable

4.Post defense- Please add defensive counters to post moves, 2k didnt get the memo on this either

5.Shooting styles- some of the shots like ray allen or kobe look great on live 09 on the other hand artest shot looks horrible. you are close to beating 2k on this subject.

6. Motion capturing- Biggest flaw in this game. its too robotic and i have to admint that 2k got you beat by a long shot. This is the top reason many dont play nba live anymore.

7. Scoring in the paint- This is the biggest flaw in 2k games. EVERYONE just runs to the paint for layups witha 80-90% success rate on ranked matches.Its the reason i rarely play ranke games. Make it realistic so if jason terry is running in on gasol and bynum- ball will be rejected to the 3rd row.

8.Rebounding- give users control over rebounding and boxing out

9.Dunks in traffic- every 2k player will tell you that lebron and kobe and howard can score in the paint at will with stuid autodunking animations. it takes the defensive strategy out of the game when lebron can dunk with ease on yao and mutombo the enter game. Dont all this Live Devs. points in the paint need to be worked for unless player is in good position

10. Player sig animations- lebrons chalk, shaqs dances, KG's chest pound, kobe flashing his jersey, artest clapping hands on the sidelines after a made 3 pointer or dunk. These bring realism to the game.These are what the people want .2k wont even give proper player intos

11. players attibutes- make ratings matter. Kg should dominate a scrub PF off the bench. Rondo should be fasts man on the court, howard should grab rebounds with ease if not boxed out, ray allen should be a threat from 3p range entire game. the list goes on .

12.Lobbies- at the momment you dont have good lobbies online. 2k8 had a good example of what the people want. quick fix

13. Leagues- 2k9 leagues are pitiful. they lowered their standards alot. I know you guys can beat them in this.

Good luck live guys hope you make great strides in your programming and Development. I want you guys to beat 2k this year cause i want the best game availiable and 2k is lowering their standards every year it seems.

GOOD LUCK, if anyone thats a 2k baller have anything please add to the thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: For you NBA live Devs from a 2k Player

You have some pretty good points.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
1.Revamp player models
3. Revamp Dribbling mechanic
4. Rim physics
5. Shooting styles
6. Motion capturing
8. Rebounding
These things have been confirmed that they are revamping these issues.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I grew up on nba live but switch to 2k in 06. i am sadden by the way 2k is making their games more arcade style like a sportscenter highlight reel. They are just using old models of the game and adding in animations to make the game more flashy. and dont even get me started on the lack of DEFENSE in 2k9. I want you all to succeed this year so i offer you this checklist on what you need to do to make live the top selling game this summer

1. Revamp player models some players look great, some are ugly. If you can get the birdman looking realistic you will win hands down lol

2. Fix freethrow mechanic. IT is to arcady atm. get rid of a meter and make it based on shooting form like 2k does

3. Revamp Dribbling mechanic using the stick to dribble doesnt seem right cause you can do any move just by turning the stick in circles.

4. Rim physics - the ball and rim interact like a rubberband for some odd reason

5. defense- please add defense , 2k didnt read the memo for 2k9. Make player attibutes matter. battier should be better than roy on defense.make it noticeable

4.Post defense- Please add defensive counters to post moves, 2k didnt get the memo on this either

5.Shooting styles- some of the shots like ray allen or kobe look great on live 09 on the other hand artest shot looks horrible. you are close to beating 2k on this subject.

6. Motion capturing- Biggest flaw in this game. its too robotic and i have to admint that 2k got you beat by a long shot. This is the top reason many dont play nba live anymore.

7. Scoring in the paint- This is the biggest flaw in 2k games. EVERYONE just runs to the paint for layups witha 80-90% success rate on ranked matches.Its the reason i rarely play ranke games. Make it realistic so if jason terry is running in on gasol and bynum- ball will be rejected to the 3rd row.

9.Dunks in traffic- every 2k player will tell you that lebron and kobe and howard can score in the paint at will with stuid autodunking animations. it takes the defensive strategy out of the game when lebron can dunk with ease on yao and mutombo the enter game. Dont all this Live Devs. points in the paint need to be worked for unless player is in good position

10. Player sig animations- lebrons chalk, shaqs dances, KG's chest pound, kobe flashing his jersey, artest clapping hands on the sidelines after a made 3 pointer or dunk. These bring realism to the game.These are what the people want .2k wont even give proper player intos

11. players attibutes- make ratings matter. Kg should dominate a scrub PF off the bench. Rondo should be fasts man on the court, howard should grab rebounds with ease if not boxed out, ray allen should be a threat from 3p range entire game. the list goes on .

12.Lobbies- at the momment you dont have good lobbies online. 2k8 had a good example of what the people want. quick fix

13. Leagues- 2k9 leagues are pitiful. they lowered their standards alot. I know you guys can beat them in this.

Good luck live guys hope you make great strides in your programming and Development. I want you guys to beat 2k this year cause i want the best game availiable and 2k is lowering their standards every year it seems.

I like this list alot.. and as dragon said,EA has already confirmed they are working on a few on these things already.. we are all hoping here
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

14. players with horrible handling skills should not be able to dribble so good

15. every players should not look so skinny

16. make the franchise mode a lot better,like espn top ten plays off the week, month year etc,i love the all star weekend but the dunk contest but a lot of these dunks looks fake, press conference, just more stuff to do in the franchise mode make it more entertaining.

17.Retro jerseys

The littlest things can make this game good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

If they get all those things you mentioned, I will take this over 2k no problem.

No fanboy here, just want to play the better game. Ya digg?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 25

very good list very good points
Old 05-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

everything sounds really good except i prefer the ability to do dribble moves with the right analog stick, though it could be refined and tweaked to make it better...

and a game that has solid defense would be amazing! in way too many games all you have to have is lebron or kobe and you will win no matter what! they are the best in the league, but i dont want them shooting 80% every single game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »