Home

So...is MJ gonna be in this game or not?

This is a discussion on So...is MJ gonna be in this game or not? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
So...is MJ gonna be in this game or not?

I always was under the impression that once a player was inducted into the HOF, that he was eligible for use. Or has 2k signed him to an exclusive contract that takes precedence over that?

Also, are we getting other decade legends that used to be in the game? Dont know why they were ever taken out

I'm just looking for an answer once and for all, then the thread can be locked
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: So...is MJ gonna be in this game or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazza619
I always was under the impression that once a player was inducted into the HOF, that he was eligible for use. Or has 2k signed him to an exclusive contract that takes precedence over that?

Also, are we getting other decade legends that used to be in the game? Dont know why they were ever taken out

I'm just looking for an answer once and for all, then the thread can be locked
No he wont be in Elite, it would be silly for the other company to promote him being in there game is he was in the other as well.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

I don't think Jordan is part of the players association, which requires a separate license/contract to have him in game(s) which also means lots of money.

Either way, I've never been much of a nostalgic player. I like to move on and play with current teams and the bright young stars. When I play FIFA I have no desire to play as Pele or Maradona, when I buy NHL I don't want to see Gretzky on the cover, when I buy The Show I don't want want to see Cal Ripken on the cover and have Babe Ruth as a featured playable character. That's just me, I don't idolize Jordan to the point where I want to play challenges with him and will buy the game because he's on the cover.

I would rather use Playmakers classic players if I wanted my fix.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with ParisB, i don't really understand why so many people want to play with him again, I buy nba games to play as the nba is today. Not what it was years ago.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I don't think Jordan is part of the players association, which requires a separate license/contract to have him in game(s) which also means lots of money.

Either way, I've never been much of a nostalgic player. I like to move on and play with current teams and the bright young stars. When I play FIFA I have no desire to play as Pele or Maradona, when I buy NHL I don't want to see Gretzky on the cover, when I buy The Show I don't want want to see Cal Ripken on the cover and have Babe Ruth as a featured playable character. That's just me, I don't idolize Jordan to the point where I want to play challenges with him and will buy the game because he's on the cover.

I would rather use Playmakers classic players if I wanted my fix.
that is complete BS, having the option is never a bad thing it's not like you can't play with current teams as well, and Jordan is not to far removed from the game to be irrelevant, there is no one in the game doing anything the MJ has not or could not do that is the difference. The 72 win bulls team is still considered one of the best teams in the history of the NBA and so far there record still stands, plus there was no better time to be a basketball fan than the mid 80' to the late 90's you had real rivalries you had teams and players that hated each other and want kill each other you don't have that anymore,now you have teams where great players are joining each other just to win a championship. and by the way how may CAP Jordan do we get every year but I guess no one want to play as him.

Last edited by coolcras7; 07-28-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
that is complete BS, having the option is never a bad thing, Jordan is not to far removed from the game to be irrelevant, there is no one in the game going anything the MJ has not or could not do that is the different and the 72 win bulls team is still considered one of the best teams in the history of the NBA
Hey, I'm speaking for myself and my opinion. I didn't chastize anybody for their differing opinions. I never said having options is a bad thing either, I said it wasn't something I look forward to. I don't understand why Jordan fanboys get so defensive about things and always have to respond how untouchable he was or the Bulls were. Calm down man and don't let the era fool you with those common misconceptions.

Last edited by ParisB; 07-28-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

No fanboys here bro , that "era" was the best ive ever seen in the nba. Not soft like the league is now. Jordan was a asset to the nba and he caused it to become largely accpeted all over the world. nike made him a icon and he himself proved he was the best by the way he played. i was born in 1980 and ive seen tons of games with him just dominating the competiton more than kobe or lebron could every try. Jordan was basketball and seeing as how he is still popular , seems he still IS basketball. Who doesnt want to play as him in a nba game? have fun playing "elite"
Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Hey, I'm speaking for myself and my opinion. I didn't chastize anybody for their differing opinions. I never said having options is a bad thing either, I said it wasn't something I look forward to. I don't understand why Jordan fanboys get so defensive about things and always have to respond how untouchable he was or the Bulls were. Calm down man and don't let the era fool you with those common misconceptions.
The guy is considered by hundreds of millions to be the G.O.A.T there is no fanboys there are realist and ignorance, there is no one who grew up in the Jordan era that is not dying to play was him again, maybe Elite will be able to get him next year bet your attitude will change then, being a EA fanboy does not give you the license to act like this is not a big deal and Jordans impact on the games was and is still not a big deal.

Last edited by coolcras7; 07-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »