Home

The "Big Patch" Hype: Your expectations

This is a discussion on The "Big Patch" Hype: Your expectations within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The "Big Patch" Hype: Your expectations

With the talk of the "Big Patch" I'm wondering if hopes and aspirations will be way overblown to what we'll actually get. Not wondering but pretty much dreading because I've seen this movie before and I can only predict what's going to happen if this patch doesn't turn "Live 14" into "Live 38: The Next Next 'Stuff you didn't even think possible' Gen BBall game of the century"

I for one am keeping my expectations realistic and just going with what they said will be done. I know they mention the graphics but to be honest , while looking for the upgrade they promised, I'm not looking for this to look like a PS22/Xbox24 title.

I wonder what people are looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The "Big Patch" Hype: Your expectations

I'm looking for smoother animations, a step up in graphics, as far as what they can realistically do, sliders, smarter AI, better contact, maybe a little bit more commentary and a practice arena. I know that's asking for a lot but they made a lot of promises when they released that letter to fans. If they fail to address the issues they said they would, unfortunately, I won't be buying live next year.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

I expect nothing more than that practice mode.

NBA 2K10 Community Site Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cndytDNb-c

The people say they're pretty good.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Have they said ANYTHING about "the big patch" or is this all just projection from OS members
Old 01-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm expecting better gameplay overall with smoother animations. As far as graphics, lighting needs to be tweaked even more and a lot of players could use modifications (faces, tattoos, skin tones, etc). It'd also be nice to see the additions of the Charlotte Hornets uniforms coming next year as well as an arena design for the Hornets, but that'll probably be in next years installment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
Have they said ANYTHING about "the big patch" or is this all just projection from OS members
Here are the two official statements from Sean O'Brien, executive producer of NBA Live 14:

http://www.easports.com/nba-live/new...title-update-1

Quote:
This will allow us to update and add content such as gameplay tuning, new animations, audio and visual assets directly to you as they become available. This applies to cosmetic changes like new uniforms, shoes, accessories and so on, but also allows for ongoing gameplay and graphical improvements.

Now, I’m sure you’re also looking for an update on some of the bigger projects we told you last month we’d deliver – improving the way the game teaches the controls and on-boards new users, and more visual improvements. We continue to work on all these items and will update on progress early in the New Year. However, we will use this new LIVE update system to enhance your experience as we make improvements to the game.

It was important to get this first Content Update in place, to not only provide fans with new content and game improvements as we head into the holidays, but to also put in place the pieces of technology we need to roll out some of the new additions that will be coming next year. We’ve promised to deliver an improved experience, and feel this is the first step down that road. Rest assured there is still more to come, and we’ll have more info to share in the coming weeks.
http://www.easports.com/nba-live/new...14-open-letter

Quote:
Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA LIVE 14. You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the game’s visuals and animation will improve significantly.

We’ve also gotten a lot of great feedback on LIVE Ultimate Team, and we’ve still got some big announcements and major additions coming down the road, so stick around for that.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

They use the words " will improve SIGNIFICANTLY" and I hope they mean it. Let us pray
Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
Rookie

I don't expect much with the way EA handles this title. I hope they bring their best effort for Live 15 if it comes out. Frankly, I think they have taken way too long to come out with this update. This update should have been out sooner because this promise was made in mid November.

Last edited by shutdown10; 01-21-2014 at 10:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »