Home

Rocking with Live this year

This is a discussion on Rocking with Live this year within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Banned

Klayups's Arena

OVR: 0
Rocking with Live this year

I have no intentions of turning this into the other game vs live...

My impression of what Sean and the team are doing with Live is pulling me in their direction. They seem to be doing things the *right* way...with patience, honesty, transparency, building the core gameplay FIRST then worrying about bells and whistles.

These are all things that draw me towards game companies. These are the things the MLB The Show team has done...the crowd sourcing angle is the future of all things and I'm happy to see they are embracing this approach.

Ive been playing hoop games since Jordan vs Bird on Master System, Double Dribble...etc. I don't have the entitled nature when it comes to games and my expectations are usually very tempered because i remember what used to be.

I like a lot of the things Live is doing, the foundation they are setting. The Rebounding, the spacing, the playcalling (This is HUGE) making sure EVERY TEAM and EVERY player plays how they do in real life. The Team specific defense is a HUGE draw for me.

Those things take you to a level of immersion that animation does not...yes...the "other game" is pretty...but there are things Live does exceptionally well, in areas I personally care more about, that are making me lean it's way.

I cant wait for Live 15, the animations etc will all come...but this game makes me remember why I chose NBA Inside Drive as my game of the year a decade a go...it gets NBA BASKETBALL right. As long as they focus on getting NBA BASKETBALL right they'll realize every goal they have as a team.

Hopefully I can help be apart of making that happen...

I'm one excited hoop fan.

Peace!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Re: Rocking with Live this year

the code we should all live by concerning NBA Live- actions speak louder than words because all we have now his words. Everything sounded great with live 14 and yet look at the final product. Building from the ground up with desperately needed because let's face it live 14 sucked. Gamescom is there for the taking and if they refuse to show the game to the general public then red flags are flying yet again.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
Banned

Klayups's Arena

"Rome wasn't built in a day."

That cliche means that it takes time to build things...the foundation had to be rebuilt and not just the game...the internal framework of the development team, their mission, their foundation.

I think they did a excellent job doing that with Live 14 now 15 will strengthen that FOUNDATION.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
the code we should all live by concerning NBA Live- actions speak louder than words because all we have now his words. Everything sounded great with live 14 and yet look at the final product. Building from the ground up with desperately needed because let's face it live 14 sucked. Gamescom is there for the taking and if they refuse to show the game to the general public then red flags are flying yet again.
I think that stands for all video games. I like what I'm hearing, but I have to see it in action to make a judgement. Live 14 did some things very well. It also did some things very poorly. I like that they are focusing on gameplay, control, and visuals, but just because that's what they're working on doesn't mean it's going to be great. Either way, looking forward to the demo to see what they were able to do.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

How did u like Live 14 klayups?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm really not rocking with live unless the release a PC version or unless the game blows reviews off the charts... really want a pc version being that i'm about to sell my ps4 due to ful nextgen ports that come to PC... but thats just me
Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
Benchwarming Since 92

TDYRX's Arena

I don't believe Live is going to blow people away this year. What I do believe is that its gonna surpass expectations for sure. As someone who still enjoys Live 14 and recognizes every flaw it has, I think its an "only way is up" situation. The graphics (so far) seem on point, and if gameplay is truly the focus, I could see live 15 getting a solid 7.5-8. Hell, i feel like Live 14 right now could be considered a 7. But thats just my opinion. Hopefully some off screen footage comes out this week and we can see for ourselves.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #8
Banned

Klayups's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensational14
How did u like Live 14 klayups?
It's very hard to answer this because the inevitable thing that happens is comparison to the other NBA game on the market.

Live obviously falls short in graphics...and animations...one could argue those are two important factors but it hink live shines in the other areas that fdrive me INSANE in the other game....rebounding, spacing, play calling, defense, pace of game.

To answer your question...I enjoy it. I enjoy it but I am also a realist.

Live is the game id play by myself vs the computer and the other game is the game all my friends have that ill play vs them (right now)...and thats OK with me.

I am looking for an authentic NBA basketball game experience...i cant expect my friends to play that way...but vs the computer...i can get that...for the most part in Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »