Home

Just got Live 14 and I'm pleasantly suprised!

This is a discussion on Just got Live 14 and I'm pleasantly suprised! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Just got Live 14 and I'm pleasantly suprised!

Hello all I've been a longtime follower at OS but never post. I enjoy reading and gathering info from all of you great sim heads out there. I recently got the xbox one Madden bundle which by the way with a few tweaks plays fantastic! I picked up Live for a few bucks and tweaked it a bit through the coaching sliders. This game plays great... Now hold up didn't say it always animated right but I have found in my brief time with the game to it mimics real basketball well with movement and players running plays. I've played it non stop for 3 days, I love it. I've even found the baseline cameras useable even though ea cam is where it's at. In a nutshell I appreciate games for fun and sports simulation. I've tried to be optimistic about games and look at what they do good. All in all it's a win win for me as I will be getting 2k on release but unless it blows me away with newness I just might trade it in towards live 15. I'm a basketball enthusiast so I may keep both. Either way I'm excited for fall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Just got Live 14 and I'm pleasantly suprised!

Good for you, man....enjoy the bball gaming season
Old 09-22-2014, 04:16 AM   #3
Rookie

KDash's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice. I've been enjoying it, too. It's a lot of fun.

I got an Xbox One last month, and I had downloaded pretty much every demo I could find, including the NBA Live 14 one...and I got pretty hooked on it, and played it about as much any game that I actually bought. I ended up getting the full game a week ago for $10 and have been having a lot of fun with it.

I'm generally more of an arcade sports kinda guy (NBA Jam/Hangtime/Showtime/Street), but somehow, that NBA Live 14 demo just had me hooked, and I don't know why. I'm really looking forward to seeing how both NBA games next month turn out, and I might even get both. Can't wait to see what they have in store.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Welcome to the team brother!!!!

Glad your enjoying live!!!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

14 has some good moments and I thought it set a good foundation. Just a bit too herky jerky for me to recommend. But still fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #6
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0

I always loved live and their servers and ranking system ...soundtracks atmosphere and player updates ...havent touched live since 10 so I reallly really hope live 15 is playable ..I only got to see that harden size up and drive and it looked amazingly real ..the graphics need work but it looked to smooth to sleep on ..I hope it has a play calling system and I will get 2k on release day but I will get live 15 too just for the hell of it
Old 09-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #7
MVP

I really wished they fixed the play system. Can never make it past the first quarter because I can't run plays.

Something does feel crisp but still plagued with issues.

Enjoy I'm just ready for new release.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. I'm a working college student and enjoy sports and sports gaming in down time. My friends say I'm a walking sports encyclopedia ( basketball,football,boxing) lol. Anyway longtime. Member and love this forum. Great moderators, stories, insight,rosters etc. I'm going to be more active. I would love to lend my knowledge to u all. I'm no roster or slider person but I dibble in based of sports iq. I have come up with some solid stuff thanks to reference to a lot of u great members. Here's to a great season! I'm enjoying live 14 and have some good stuff to reports. If some of u like BShadows who are great at video stuff walk me thru it I could post explanation and take feedback where I went wrong. Xbox one gamer tag federalwand185. I love to play sim style online in anyone is interested for fun. Good day all

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »