Home

NEW Hands On Impressions (playstationlifestyle.net)

This is a discussion on NEW Hands On Impressions (playstationlifestyle.net) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #1
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
NEW Hands On Impressions (playstationlifestyle.net)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ourt/#/slide/1

No Video but this article sounds very interesting!Now I'm Pumped!

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NEW Hands On Impressions (playstationlifestyle.net)

Nice article but I'm kind of curious about the Love comments....and what he meant by scoring with authority inside

I don't have a problem with Love collecting offensive boards but the part about him scoring with authority after the rebounds caught my attention..

He didn't specify what authority was so hopefully it doesn't mean Love was grabbing the rebound and then dunking it because that's not his style (dunking).

Hopefully he'll get most rebounds in this type of manner and convert layups or tip in's similar to this way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16UIORuscQ

He ain't no Shaq type so hopefully he doesn't look to dunk aggressively after every offensive board he collects in Live 15.

But so far from what I've seen from the ratings posted on here they seem to be on top of things much better than in years past with the individual ratings.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-08-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

This review was complete garbage for me. Guy sounds like he knows nothing of basketball to begin with. "A rule against flopping but the ref let him get away with it." "I ran down the clock before tying the game with a few seconds left." And from the sound of it, he rested Klove the entire game and only played him in overtime to cheap the stamina system.

This one does nothing for me, man. Makes me more worried than anything else.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfamazing
This review was complete garbage for me. Guy sounds like he knows nothing of basketball to begin with. "A rule against flopping but the ref let him get away with it." "I ran down the clock before tying the game with a few seconds left." And from the sound of it, he rested Klove the entire game and only played him in overtime to cheap the stamina system.

This one does nothing for me, man. Makes me more worried than anything else.
Well imo, I don't think it was garbage, wanna know what I think ? I see a company that has actually transcended basically in 2 years time and already on graphics alone prolly has surpassed any game currently out on a next gen platform, and that is not just going off of video, a picture can be worth a thousands words! just depends on how you view it. I can see the development.

A lot of people said that the game looked arcade like, once again though imo I have seen more detailed photo realistic trends from this team, than any other in NBA lives dev history! ( dare i say the competition's history as well, cause clearly it's a wrap graphically this year, can you imagine if the controls are actually smooth and this game is really playable?

I'm old school, i been gaming since the Atari 2600! there weren't no game updates! there weren't any game reviews or previews on most games until they actually came out, if you bought a game and it was bad, that was it, you either played it, or threw it away or whatever you did with that cartridge.

I think in today's terms, yes you have to evolve with an understanding that there will be bumps in the road, but you also have to have the courage to stand up for what you believe in, that's what I see Seth and his team doing now, There trying! and as I have said, in 2 years time i can see them making a almost total 360! remember ...

When the competition constantly ask for time to fix and rebuild and just have patience, everything is all good, sure will give you all the time you need blah blah blah, and the first thing they'll say to defend that is well there a proven product! well i don't buy that concept! Now we got a new dev team on Live asking for that same opportunity to try and be different but yet the same as far as trying to make a better basketball game for everyone to enjoy and everyone wanna hate! nah that aint right either, look at what has taken place in the past few years, it don't look that promising from where I'm sitting with the competitions, servers down, flaud input lag, misinterpreted body figures Rebounding issues so bad you gotta turn them down just to make sure both teams kinda average out !, Game speed so fast hardly able to even set up a defense etc,

yeah I'm excited to see change, you better believe that.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 10-09-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:04 AM   #5
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

^^

Anyways, I'm very interested in this game. Hopefully it can meet my expectations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 06:19 AM   #6
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

lol that gif was actually my reaction when I read the post.....
Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Well imo, I don't think it was garbage, wanna know what I think ? I see a company that has actually transcended basically in 2 years time and already on graphics alone prolly has surpassed any game currently out on a next gen platform, and that is not just going off of video, a picture can be worth a thousands words! just depends on how you view it. I can see the development.

A lot of people said that the game looked arcade like, once again though imo I have seen more detailed photo realistic trends from this team, than any other in NBA lives dev history! ( dare i say the competition's history as well, cause clearly it's a wrap graphically this year, can you imagine if the controls are actually smooth and this game is really playable?

I'm old school, i been gaming since the Atari 2600! there weren't no game updates! there weren't any game reviews or previews on most games until they actually came out, if you bought a game and it was bHalad, that was it, you either played it, or threw it away or whatever you did with that cartridge.

I think in today's terms, yes you have to evolve with an understanding that there will be bumps in the road, but you also have to have the courage to stand up for what you believe in, that's what I see Seth and his team doing now, There trying! and as I have said, in 2 years time i can see them making a almost total 360! remember ...

When the competition constantly ask for time to fix and rebuild and just have patience, everything is all good, sure will give you all the time you need blah blah blah, and the first thing they'll say to defend that is well there a proven product! well i don't buy that concept! Now we got a new dev team on Live asking for that same opportunity to try and be different but yet the same as far as trying to make a better basketball game for everyone to enjoy and everyone wanna hate! nah that aint right either, look at what has taken place in the past few years, it don't look that promising from where I'm sitting with the competitions, servers down, flaud input lag, misinterpreted body figures Rebounding issues so bad you gotta turn them down just to make sure both teams kinda average out !, Game speed so fast hardly able to even set up a defense etc,

yeah I'm excited to see change, you better believe that.
First off if you are claiming that Live is the best looking next gen title based on screenshots then you must not look at screenshots or other games often. Secondly, judging a game's visuals based on screenshot is a mistake plain and simple. Screenshots can be altered to make the game look better. Most games look better in a still shot than in motion. The motion is usually what causes those clean, crisp visuals to lose their sharp edges. Animations also play a huge role in graphics. Photo realistic graphics can be killed by stiff robotic animations where as poor visual can come to life with fluid lifelike animations.

If my years with Live have taught me anything its wait until you play the game before making assumptions about its quality. I believe that Live 15 could be the best the series has seen in nearly a decade (or at least on par with the best) but I, personally, am unwilling to fall for the hype until I atleast see more convincing footag. Even then I will need to feel the game for myself before I believe thag Live is back.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
If my years with Live have taught me anything its wait until you play the game before making assumptions about its quality. I believe that Live 15 could be the best the series has seen in nearly a decade (or at least on par with the best) but I, personally, am unwilling to fall for the hype until I atleast see more convincing footag. Even then I will need to feel the game for myself before I believe thag Live is back.

Yes EA please listen to this man and give us some 5 on 5 gameplay footage before we blindly purchase your product.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »