Home

accelerated clock

This is a discussion on accelerated clock within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-17-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
accelerated clock

Hello All:

I keep playing games late at night because of work and kids, and with Live not having in game saves sometimes I fall asleep or don't feel like playing anymore. Sometimes I wake up and the score is 150-2 b/c I never paused the game or if I did pause it, once I go back into it, if it has been awhile, it kicks me out. So I'm thinking about using the accelerated clock to speed up the games.

I want the games to be faster, but I want realistic results. Any thoughts of how many minutes each quarter should be based on what I am trying to achieve.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: accelerated clock

the accelerated clock is a good feature. To measure how much time you want or need, select the accelerated option (not in front of menu atm) for minutes and set it to the length of time you with to play. If you like 5 minutes, set it to that, if you like 8 minutes set it to that. i set the GAMe minutes to 12 and the accelerated minutes to 8 personally. That give me 8 minutes of time to play, with the game clock quickly running to match.

I also will let you know (if you didn't already), that the last 2 minutes are run normally, and that using this option and setting game minutes to 12 will help keep your player rotations in tact, as they don't have to normalize the truncated minutes (8?) to actual minutes played (12) during auto substitutions. the substitution times match up to the 12 minute setting.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 02-17-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

thanks for the quick reply. So, if I'm in dynasty mode as the knicks, I have to turn on the accelerated clock and then it gives me an option of how long I want the game to play? I'm sorry, I never did this before, I'm not sure what you mean by "not in the menu atm".

I recall only choosing the accelerated clock on (the one time I did it) and setting how the long quarters would be which I did 12, and it seemed like it took forever and the score was unrealistic. I don't remember two options for time

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Played 12 mins accelerated clock and my scores were in the 70s. Obviously not realistic. Is there anything I can do to get the scores more realistic or is it just what is?
Old 02-18-2016, 06:14 AM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

If you play 8 minutes instead of 12 you will score less points. I'm not sure I'm understanding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Here's the thing. When I choose in my dynasty for accelerated clock it only has the option for quater length and simulated quarter length. Both are at 12. There is no other option or any other selection in that regard. This is an already existing dynasty. So accordingly my scores were in the 70s. I need help to resolve it bc there was no other option other than those 2.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:04 PM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Basically if you play accelerated clock 12 minutes plays like 8 minutes in real life time. Your going to get 33% less points in theory. Simulation minutes is what the CPU simulated stats will mirror. I set mine at 8 minutes so they are in line with mine. You just have to suspend disbelief and accept that it's an NBA world where most games end up in the 70s.

I think what your wanting is for the game to normalize your stats to what your results would be if you played the 12 minute quarters and I'm not sure how or if you can do that. Ill check into it when I get home.

Edit.... ya you can't do that. Like I said you either have to play 12 minute quarters or just accept lower scores.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 02-19-2016 at 05:02 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks for all the time u put into researching these issues

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »