Home

Sell Me On This Game Please

This is a discussion on Sell Me On This Game Please within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Sell Me On This Game Please

I used to play EA sports bball all the time, but like a lot of us I prefer 2K now. I grew up on college bball and I don't think I can hope and wait for a College Hoops 2K10, and I'm not thrilled on editing rosters from 2K8 to reflect the '08-'09 campaign.

Anybody else on the fence like me? Can anyone convince me to buy this game without being a smart a$$? Thanks.

Oh, and Behind the Shadows: even though you take a lot of heat for sticking up for EA, I do value your opinion. I have my own reasons for not buying this, but somebody please sell me on this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sell Me On This Game Please

From what I've read of the community event impressions, this game will play similar to Live 09 with subtle improvements to the engine and different college-like features.

For now, I think playing Live demo and reading about the features will give you a decent glimpse of what the game will be like. Wait for some actual gameplay footage and an NCAA demo to be released before you make up your mind.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

I feel ya, but I thought the NBA Live '09 demo was impressive--until I played NBA 2K9.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
From what I've read of the community event impressions, this game will play similar to Live 09 with subtle improvements to the engine and different college-like features.

For now, I think playing Live demo and reading about the features will give you a decent glimpse of what the game will be like. Wait for some actual gameplay footage and an NCAA demo to be released before you make up your mind.
Not subtle improvements,but pretty significant ones.

I was at the event and the game already played better than NBA live 09 but it also played MORE like college basketball.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I love college b-ball and will need my fix for the season. I have been an advid supporter of 2k sports but the latest offering of nba 2k9 has kind of let me down. I'm hoping that ncaa basketball will wow me this year since I have not bought an ea sports basketball game since sega genisis lol! I will probably wait for reviews and make my decision from there but I got to get some form of a Duke legacy going this year.

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Another one of these threads? We're not salesmen for EA, do your own research and make your own decision.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

Ehh,

Lighten up man. I'm not going to "research" a video game, so it's perfectly okay to have a thread on this; sorry it's not up to your standards for threads. Haven't you seen 1st impression threads? Sometimes people just want to share information. You may not be a salesman, but you're not the thread police either. If you don't like the thread, don't post on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »