Home

No ability to play any game on schedule - CONFIRMED

This is a discussion on No ability to play any game on schedule - CONFIRMED within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
No ability to play any game on schedule - CONFIRMED

http://www.gameshark.com/features/64...eloper-Q&A.htm

In Dynasty Mode can you play any game you wish even if your team isn't involved? If I want to play UNC vs. Duke even if I control Ohio State -- can I do that?

This is something we couldn’t get to. We wanted to focus on our major gameplay and presentation features and make sure we could deliver the highest level of quality and polish possible (the two game areas that affect everyone and would make a dynasty useless if not done properly) The time we did spend time on dynasty was focused on community raised issues like: sorting recruits screen, 5 star recruits, some UI enhancments... and most importantly the improvement to the sim engine which keeps the future years of the dynasty mode true to life.

NOT a buy for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: No ability to play any game on schedule - CONFIRMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylawyer
http://www.gameshark.com/features/64...eloper-Q&A.htm

In Dynasty Mode can you play any game you wish even if your team isn't involved? If I want to play UNC vs. Duke even if I control Ohio State -- can I do that?

This is something we couldn’t get to. We wanted to focus on our major gameplay and presentation features and make sure we could deliver the highest level of quality and polish possible (the two game areas that affect everyone and would make a dynasty useless if not done properly) The time we did spend time on dynasty was focused on community raised issues like: sorting recruits screen, 5 star recruits, some UI enhancments... and most importantly the improvement to the sim engine which keeps the future years of the dynasty mode true to life.

NOT a buy for me.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Glad to hear they fix the main issues in Dynasty mode.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't understand why people won't buy a game because they can't play EVERY game they want. THis should be an awesome game and I'm looking forward to it!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters18
I don't understand why people won't buy a game because they can't play EVERY game they want. THis should be an awesome game and I'm looking forward to it!
I get it. A lot of players like playing with Mid-major teams, not their favorite UNC or Duke, they like to get challenged.

But there should be no reason to not be able to ply one or two games a year with your favorite team.

I'm just lucky Gonzaga is half powerhouse half weaksauce lol.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:

This year, dont allow yourself to watch any basketball games beyond those that involve one specific team. Theres more to a college basketball season than only Western Kentucky games.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well I understand its fun to play as your favorite team. I'll be playing as Nebraska, but I'm also a big North Carolina fan. And yes, it would be awesome if I could jump into any NC game I wanted (especially the Duke game) and play.

I just don't agree with people totally blowing this game off because it doesn't have this feature. Would it be nice to have it? Yes. Will I still get it and probably really enjoy the game?? You bet!

Sorry... I just can't stand all the 'dramatic posts'... thats all....
Old 11-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Well I understand its fun to play as your favorite team. I'll be playing as Nebraska, but I'm also a big North Carolina fan. And yes, it would be awesome if I could jump into any NC game I wanted (especially the Duke game) and play.

I just don't agree with people totally blowing this game off because it doesn't have this feature. Would it be nice to have it? Yes. Will I still get it and probably really enjoy the game?? You bet!

Sorry... I just can't stand all the 'dramatic posts'... thats all....

Its not merely a case of this game not having it. Its that it hasnt had it for a while and people have grown weary of hearing it doesnt have it year after year and whatever accompanying excuses, which generally involve "we wanted to make X,Y, and Z better so we had to ignore this -- AGAIN!" Theres a cumulative affect that wears on people hearig the same feeble excuse making year after year. People also dont want to pay for EAs past sins. Presentation should have been a given just by virtue of purchasing a next gen machine. At this stage in the game people feel the game should be better and they resent paying $60 currently for a game that is just now where it should have been several years ago. Thats like paying $60 for a $30 game to many people.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »