Home

Div-II still not in next gen?

This is a discussion on Div-II still not in next gen? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Div-II still not in next gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Not for me...as FCS football has the playoff system and the BCS schools don't.

I mean if we're going for authentic cllege football then, let us the Football CHAMPIONSHIP Division have our system, and you guys...the Football BOWL Subdivision(aka BCS) have your system.

I mean, I really like the NCAA Football series(after playing the demo) but it's just the lack of FCS schools takes something away from the game.
yeah i agree, im dont like playing the west 1-aa all stars or whatever. but i think getting a brand new dynasty system would be big job for EA.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #50
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Not for me...as FCS football has the playoff system and the BCS schools don't.

I mean if we're going for authentic cllege football then, let us the Football CHAMPIONSHIP Division have our system, and you guys...the Football BOWL Subdivision(aka BCS) have your system.

I mean, I really like the NCAA Football series(after playing the demo) but it's just the lack of FCS schools takes something away from the game.
What you are asking for would take EA a little while to do.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #51
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Now IF there was a way the EA could pre load the FCS team helmets, jerseys, and rosters onto Teambuilder, then that would kinda help(temporarily)...but again, I don't know how feasible that would be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #52
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

don't get me wrong, I'd love to see FCS schools in the game, but it'd be effectively doubling the size of the game. At this stage, I don't think EA wants to undertake such a large project. And I really wouldn't want to see FCS in the game anyway unless they were incorporated in dynasty -- FCS conferences playing along side FBS, a separate top 25 ranking system, the playoffs, and the possibility of getting invited to, say, the WAC or the Sun Belt. And that kind of feature would take at least an entire development cycle devoted to that only.

That said, I'd prefer a good coaching carousel before this.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #53
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Now IF there was a way the EA could pre load the FCS team helmets, jerseys, and rosters onto Teambuilder, then that would kinda help(temporarily)...but again, I don't know how feasible that would be.
If they do that, they might as well put them in the game -- if I remember right, the uniforms were about the only authentic aspect of the ps2 FCS teams. The rosters and stadiums were all generics.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michgantown
What you are asking for would take EA a little while to do.
lol no. i guess they should just add them
Old 07-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #55
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorse22
lol no. i guess they should just add them
He is asking for a whole new part of dynasty with 125 new teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #56
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I saw it mentioned in here a few times about the NCAA not wanting a playoff system in the game. I believe that is most likely geared towards the FBS since that is what is actually in the game right now.
If the FCS was completely added and you could play a dynasty as an FCS team then I would think for sure that the NCAA would be ok with an FCS playoff since that is what they do in real life.

That would be a major project and an amazing thing but for right now I would be happy with seeing real teams instead of the generics. Even if that means adding a handful of FCS teams every year. I am not worried about inaccurate rosters. People redo the current team rosters every year so its nothing different there.

Last edited by berad88; 07-01-2010 at 06:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »