Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #241
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

Just made my way back into the ncaa forum and I see EA is finally going to work on the passing system.....
I'm paying a little attention now. Lets see how this turns out.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #242
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
This is exactly what EA is banking on ever year, consumers who will buy whatever piece of crap they serve up.

I will not tell anyone not to buy the game... I just wish more people would wait. The only way EA will ever get the message is if they see their early numbers drop (pre orders, release day purchases). Heck... just waiting one day after release to buy it would send them a message.
Agree. Thats why buy used now for EA football.
Kills me when people post "i buy new so I'm supporting the developers" whenver some say they are buying used.
Some developers deserve that but EB has save me a good amount of $ over the past few years when buying EA sports games.

Its sad that a fews years ago i got really excited about football games and on a couple occasions drove close to 2 hrs to get early. Now i just wait a week or 2 and grab used.
Hopefully EA starts to get things turned around.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #243
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

Only thing i'm excited for is the recruiting system. The way they worded the gameplay part seems like they just made some tweeks and called it a new name.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #244
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Being a member on the forums for years now, its funny how much peoples opinions have changed. I swear back when there was madden 09 and 10, the only thing you read on these forums were people complaining about presentation (myself included), now its mostly about gameplay (which I think should be the focus now).

Personally I think they need to just make the game fun and enjoyable to play. I've learned presentation is something EA struggles with (or maybe just doesn't really care to get it right). Add all the cut scenes you want, but for me they are very "disconnecting" from the experience. Other games have real-time presentation, and that is what EA should be trying to incorporate, however i don't think we will see that this gen.
Absolutely. Give me a game that PLAYS well, is realistic, and fun. The bells and whistles are nice, but they aren't what keep me going back to a game. Gameplay brings me back. Back in the PS2 glory days, I would play NCAA from July to January and then again when the draft came around, and then again before the release of the new game. Not because the game looked good, but because it was fun and pretty realistic considering the circumstances. I haven't touched 12 since October and really have no urge to. I really just wish EA would just get back to the fundamentals of what made this series fun and what most of us got hooked on.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #245
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
No... YOU are the reason. I think you should be playing pong if you don't care about graphics.
Come on man, they have spent the past 2 years making sure the game looks good and it does. Dont get me wrong. But gameplay is what keeps the game playable. Not clear green turf and dreadlocks.

I know darn well you dont look at that stuff during a play, unless you are 11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #246
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0

That press release really doesn't get me all too excited. When the first thing they reference is even more canned intros, it's clear they don't have their priorities straight. It's like they don't even realize their paradigm is all wrong. Effective presentations are not about excruciating detail at the canned level, they are about variable details at the dynamic level. THAT is what creates immersion.

Glad to see passing getting re-worked, but the lack of any mention about more realistic player movement is thoroughly disappointing. Will every player still have the same movement style, regardless of size or skill? That kind of stuff was already getting a little old in NHL '94...I mean seriously.

The recruiting scouting system is interesting, but it could go one of two ways. The first, it just adds an extra busy task to have to uncover some of the attributes that we now get automatically. There is no boom/bust potential. This would be pathetic, and I have a feeling that's what it will amount to. The second -- what I am hopeful for -- is that every prospect in the top 150 has some degree of hidden risk of bust, and outside the top 150 there is a hidden degree of potential. Scouting should essentially help find these hidden attributes...but naturally we shouldn't be able to get them all. We might finally see rare 2 stars becoming 80+ overall gems, and some 5 stars never cracking 70 overall.

But given Tiburon's poor game design talents, I'm wary of even being hopeful for 2013 being anything more than another patch for NCAA 2012.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #247
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUfootball
That press release really doesn't get me all too excited. When the first thing they reference is even more canned intros, it's clear they don't have their priorities straight. It's like they don't even realize their paradigm is all wrong. Effective presentations are not about excruciating detail at the canned level, they are about variable details at the dynamic level. THAT is what creates immersion.

Glad to see passing getting re-worked, but the lack of any mention about more realistic player movement is thoroughly disappointing. Will every player still have the same movement style, regardless of size or skill? That kind of stuff was already getting a little old in NHL '94...I mean seriously.

The recruiting scouting system is interesting, but it could go one of two ways. The first, it just adds an extra busy task to have to uncover some of the attributes that we now get automatically. There is no boom/bust potential. This would be pathetic, and I have a feeling that's what it will amount to. The second -- what I am hopeful for -- is that every prospect in the top 150 has some degree of hidden risk of bust, and outside the top 150 there is a hidden degree of potential. Scouting should essentially help find these hidden attributes...but naturally we shouldn't be able to get them all. We might finally see rare 2 stars becoming 80+ overall gems, and some 5 stars never cracking 70 overall.

But given Tiburon's poor game design talents, I'm wary of even being hopeful for 2013 being anything more than another patch for NCAA 2012.
I feel you on that but I am putting a ton of optimism in one word from the NCAA 13 synopsis.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (More details released on May 7th)
Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

I really hope that is a indication of much more organic and unpredictable dynasty/franchises in EA football games.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #248
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
^^^ This is why we'll never get a better game
The guy who wants Teambuilder updated is the problem? A feature that has barely been touched since NCAA10? Clearly EA isn't listening to him but I'm ever so curious to know why he's the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »