Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #257
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

All of this really good, but if the foundation of what is football (running/foot-planting & contact/player interactions) still are below average, it kinda doesn't matter unfortunately. It's the total feel for the game that's still missing and it starts with that imho.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #258
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Gameplay is by far, and not even close, #1. The only thing not on the field related that I want is the ability to make neutral site games, a la The Chic-Fil-A and Cowboy Classic games and to make any game a neutral site game if I damn well please.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #259
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear/fsulw
Get rid of the damn MASCOTS PLAYING FOOTBALL!!!!! Waste of space if you want to tell the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
Gameplay is by far, and not even close, #1. The only thing not on the field related that I want is the ability to make neutral site games, a la The Chic-Fil-A and Cowboy Classic games and to make any game a neutral site game if I damn well please.
Agreed. I have been saying, as many of you have, for the past couple of years that; what is the point of having a brand new car, if driving that car gets old after a week? Sure, the car looks great, the seats may feel good and have a great interior, but if you do not have that engine that takes off, or you have a car that drives worse than your old car; would you still spend money on that car? I would rather have a new car that runs great, that I am excited to drive, and that I will not want to trade in after 2 months of driving.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #260
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: First Preview of New Features in NCAA '13

This is the first time I'm even noticing info came out that's how much last year's game turned me off. It was the first time I ever sold a college football game back.

This info doesn't excite me. We aren't getting a new or secondary commentating crew which means the commentary will get old and stale fast like it always does. So they added an update person who will speak prob once or twice a game, great.

You can already see the hype train coming. They start with intros to put out videos that will impress maybe casual gamers and kids, you know, the people who most likely don't follow the info as it comes out.

For the gameplay part the focus seems to be passing, well what about defense, special teams (which is in desperate need of an upgrade ), pass rush, running/ throwing motions, etc.

By saying its a passing game blog it gives the perception that those other parts aren't important or haven't been fixed. Last years game left a lot to be desired.

Notice you see nothing about teambuilder. They add this amazing feature that expanded the old create a school feature and then they never touch it again, are you kidding me?

I have 0 faith in EA or the NCAA team at this point and i'm past the point of just buying the game just because I love college football. I'm tired of EA trying to sell me on these gimmicks and then being stuck with crappy gameplay and a ton of glitches. They really need to wow me this year if I'm going to buy this game.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 03-27-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #261
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
This is the first time I'm even noticing info came out that's how much last year's game turned me off. It was the first time I ever sold a college football game back.

This info doesn't excite me. We aren't getting a new or secondary commentating crew which means the commentary will get old and stale fast like it always does. So they added an update person who will speak prob once or twice a game, great.

You can already see the hype train coming. They start with intros to put out videos that will impress maybe casual gamers and kids, you know, the people who most likely don't follow the info as it comes out.

For the gameplay part the focus seems to be passing, well what about defense, special teams (which is in desperate need of an upgrade ), pass rush, running/ throwing motions, etc.

By saying its a passing game blog it gives the perception that those other parts aren't important or haven't been fixed. Last years game left a lot to be desired.

Notice you see nothing about teambuilder. They add this amazing feature that expanded the old create a school feature and then they never touch it again, are you kidding me?

I have 0 faith in EA or the NCAA team at this point and i'm past the point of just buying the game just because I love college football. I'm tired of EA trying to sell me on these gimmicks and then being stuck with crappy gameplay and a ton of glitches. They really need to wow me this year if I'm going to buy this game.
NCAA 12 was also the first football game, be it Madden or NCAA that I've sold. I liked the game, but didn't want to sit through the bugs. For me, the overall audio design has to be improved in NCAA and Madden. Commentary gets incredibly stale and the "dynamic crowd" feature failed to live up to the hype.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #262
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

That is the thing that BUGS the crap out me of with the NCAA/Madden series. It seems they NEVER really improve upon an existing feature. For instance, we had pro-tak and it never got improved upon instead it's trashed and replaced. In Madden, we have gameplanning and it could be this huge great feature but they don't even touch it and keep improving up on it. It seems that is the standard. When is the last time they actually improved upon a feature?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #263
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

I actually like create a school a lot better than team builder.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #264
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

This is what worries me. More specifically, the lack of the phrase Special Teams in their initial update is what really worries me. If Special Teams isn't updated in some way, its a no buy for me. That may sound ridiculous, but we are talking about something that plays a major impact on the outcome of a game, and EA hasn't even bothered to make it relevant. I could play a game without working Special Teams, sure. But the idea that we have been bringing this to their attention for years now really bothers me, and I'm not sure I can overlook that.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »