Home

How Do You Stop The Read Option...?

This is a discussion on How Do You Stop The Read Option...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How Do You Stop The Read Option...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Not true. I'm about as good as you'll find running the read option and the thing that gets me everytime is when the DE crashes to chase down the HB, therefore it's a QB keeper, but they also blitz a DB or OLB to the same side I'm keeping the ball. My QB gets rocked for a loss and if I would have handed the ball off the HB would have gained 1-2 yards max. Granted they did it by chance and if they did it everytime I'd counter it with something else, but it does stop the read option. If you know beyond a shadow of doubt that it's coming, it could definitely be an option.
This is also true. If you blitz and additional person from the outside like a Safety or Corner they usually will take the QB and the DE will take the RB.

I audible to pass when I see this formation.

All it takes is a few losses and most people will stop.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

hot audible dline to contain, play middle linebacker and blow up the run up the middle. No more read option.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Go to adjustments, and set option defense to aggressive, is takes away e QB keeping it everything. Of course then you have to worry about the Rb getting it up the middle but at least it shut downs the QB from using it so it becomes a one dimensional play.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWire
I tried controlling the DE and it didn't work - he did his own thing like he was still cpu controlled
From what I can tell, you'll be forced into an animation depending on what your settings are. You'll either just stand there no matter where you try and run, or you'll take off after the RB even if you try and go for the QB. Rarely you'll bust through and get to the QB before the play even develops, but then all you'll do is just dive at the QB and not make any attempt to tackle. You'll probably even get the rumble from making contact, but no tackle animation will happen you'll just dive at his legs.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man coverage qb spy always stops it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

i blitz one linebacker inside and one outside gets the job done 70% of the time ill live with the other 30
Old 08-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I control the safety, change option to aggressive so it forces the QB to hand the ball off and use contain for the DL just in case..Not the greatest scheme, but it helps. That and changing the direction my ends rush.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »