Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeve
I know this is off-topic but:

How long is recruiting taking everybody, compared to past next-gen versions?

I've really, really been hoping it has been streamlined, and that the interface doesn't lag, etc.
I'm spending about a 1/3 of my time recruiting compared to previous years. The only thing I miss about recruiting are the anti-recruiting calls to prospects about your rival schools lol
All in all though, I'm loving it.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Does anyone know if the computer uses the rest of your points that you don't use each week?

I.E, I'm running my OC dynasty, and only want to recruit offensive players. I leave computer assistance ON for all of board, visits, and scholarships. I choose my 10 offensive players and let the computer fill in the board with defense. Every week I go through my offensive guys (removing the offensive players the computer keeps adding), and am always left between 2,000-3,000 points every week. Anyone know if the computer is using those remaining points towards the defensive players that are left?
im not sure if there is even a way to tell
Old 07-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Recruits not committing anywhere on signing day is really annoying.

Especially when they are highly rated, you end up #1, and would have been perfect for your system.

I am going to pretend they did not qualify academically I guess, although it was my 3 highest rated recruits.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Is there a universally agreed upon strategy for when to offer? It seems clear that earlier does not mean always better like it used to

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

This year you have to focus on less recruits at a time, I managed to have the 53rd ranked recruiting class heading into week 13 with a 2-8(sim) UMass team. I have signed 8 three star recruits, and 1 two star recruit.

Here is my strategy:
-Focus aprox. 13 recruits at a time, with top recruits receiving more points.
-Offer scholarships earlier in the season.
-Once you get a sizable lead(600-1000), cut the recruits points up to a half depending on the lead.
-Do a recruit search and look for recruits with less than 25% locked, and divide the remaining points up to them.
-Repeat these steps

If I can get close to a top 50 class with 2-8 UMass team on Heisman, surely most of you can do better with decent programs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
This year you have to focus on less recruits at a time, I managed to have the 53rd ranked recruiting class heading into week 13 with a 2-8(sim) UMass team. I have signed 8 three star recruits, and 1 two star recruit.

Here is my strategy:
-Once you get a sizable lead(600-1000), cut the recruits points up to a half depending on the lead.
-Do a recruit search and look for recruits with less than 25% locked, and divide the remaining points up to them.
-Repeat these steps

If I can get close to a top 50 class with 2-8 UMass team on Heisman, surely most of you can do better with decent programs.
This sounds good. I'm going to follow this to the tee

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #23
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

It looks like your best bet for visits is to do them early if you have a decent lead.

This is what I have been trying, along with other strategies mentioned here and in Week 10 2016 with Texas State I have the number 1 recruiting class with 2 five stars, 8 four stars, and 4 three stars. And only one of those players is rated below a 70.

I am in the MWC, have three star prestige and have built up my recruiting coaching skills tree, but I would say it is still a bit easy....
Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #24
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

That's pretty similar to my approach.

I'm not really holding back. I do see that you get a bigger bonus for scheduling visits later, but I scheduled some early, week 4 I think, and already landed 3 four-star recruits after that early visit weekend. But I do have an relatively easier challenge using my 6* program.

I only started with about 20 recruits and I've been allocating points on about 10-12 of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561

Here is my strategy:
-Repeat these steps

18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »