Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #41
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
This is a fair point. I re-started a Mizzou dynasty last night and got a few weeks in. I used the following house rules, which I felt were sensible and realistic: anyone who has me in their top ten to start is fair game; the only non-interested 5 stars I can add have to be from Missouri; the only non-interested 4 stars have to be from Texas; I can recruit three stars from anywhere. After a few weeks of this, I'm already seeing a huge difference in terms of getting into battles or going after guys I can tell I won't have a chance with. It isn't the ideal scenario, but it works for me.
Is there a recruiting difficulty slider? I know there has been in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #42
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Is there a recruiting difficulty slider? I know there has been in the past.
There is not.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #43
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
This is a fair point. I re-started a Mizzou dynasty last night and got a few weeks in. I used the following house rules, which I felt were sensible and realistic: anyone who has me in their top ten to start is fair game; the only non-interested 5 stars I can add have to be from Missouri; the only non-interested 4 stars have to be from Texas; I can recruit three stars from anywhere. After a few weeks of this, I'm already seeing a huge difference in terms of getting into battles or going after guys I can tell I won't have a chance with. It isn't the ideal scenario, but it works for me.

Yea, I think I am going to do something similar, with the caveat that I can only sign:

70 - Roster size + Number of seniors + 3

Can sign anyone with interest. Can sign anyone in Texas. Can sign 4* in bordering or pipeline states. Can sign 3*'s anywhere.

Last edited by Sublime12089; 07-07-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #44
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

The recruiting would be amazing if teams pursued every sought after recruit (3* and up for example). The fact that the CPU doesn't pursue some of them tarnishes the recruiting. It just like last year.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 6

When you guys are recruiting, are you guys seeing recruits to realistically be able to play the 3-4 defenses. I know in years past it has been harder then heck to find any.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quick question - do you get the bonus points for anyone on your board or only those you put points into? My usual plan is to aim for 15 and go after them hard when rebuilding and once those are in the bag try and get a few others for filler / depth. If we get the bonus points for those on the board I will still run a similar system - but will fill my board to 35 to pull in the bonus points and essentially line up and filter my next targets as I see who isn't being pursued.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #47
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Quick question - do you get the bonus points for anyone on your board or only those you put points into? My usual plan is to aim for 15 and go after them hard when rebuilding and once those are in the bag try and get a few others for filler / depth. If we get the bonus points for those on the board I will still run a similar system - but will fill my board to 35 to pull in the bonus points and essentially line up and filter my next targets as I see who isn't being pursued.
You get the bonus points if they are on your board. You can actually tell if the CPU has someone on their board but isn't recruiting them because of this. For instance, if a cpu team has a 100 point advantage in their pitches for a recruit on both of your boards, but they aren't putting any of the allotted recruit points in to them, and you're putting in 500, you will see a -400 change week to week on the cpu's part if you are in the lead.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
You get the bonus points if they are on your board. You can actually tell if the CPU has someone on their board but isn't recruiting them because of this. For instance, if a cpu team has a 100 point advantage in their pitches for a recruit on both of your boards, but they aren't putting any of the allotted recruit points in to them, and you're putting in 500, you will see a -400 change week to week on the cpu's part if you are in the lead.
So if you have a +150 bonus, and give them 0 points, you will still get +150 points?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »