Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #73
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

For all the people wondering about the dive man being taken away, that's football 101. You can't stop this type of offense without crashing on the dive every play or at least trying to disrupt it and take it away.

I'm gonna get in the lab a little more before I start my OD with 5 other players. I want to run this O so bad, but feel it's going to fail me.

Anyways, let's keep the tips, hints, and everything coming.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #74
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Has anyone found good sliders to use with this offense?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #75
Rookie

theycallmeSEABASS's Arena

OVR: 4

Some good flex threads I dug up:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-ratings.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-flexbone.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #76
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

This offense is so frustrating against default Heisman. I can rarely break a big play and on 3rd or 4th and short, the CPU is a psychic and will always stop it. The pitch man on the triple is more than likely covered every play. I want to use this O so bad, but it's so frustrating on Heisman (AA is too easy).
Old 07-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #77
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i found that on varsity level offense the cpu does not ever play his responsibility no matter what play they call. if you run a triple option they will only take the dive man. not the case on all american and is why i was seeing this and some of you werent. idk what its like on heisman. remember this is dynasty mode, it works no matter the level in practice mode. but 100% broke on all triples under center or shot on varsity. but there are a few triples that dont have a read by design so ignore those as they will work. also flex close works properly on varisty but not flex normal, the two flex slots, the pistol flexbone slot, wingbone normal and wishbone wide are all broke on varsity in regards to the dive man read.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #78
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i found that on varsity level offense the cpu does not ever play his responsibility no matter what play they call. if you run a triple option they will only take the dive man. not the case on all american and is why i was seeing this and some of you werent. idk what its like on heisman. remember this is dynasty mode, it works no matter the level in practice mode. but 100% broke on all triples under center or shot on varsity. but there are a few triples that dont have a read by design so ignore those as they will work. also flex close works properly on varisty but not flex normal, the two flex slots, the pistol flexbone slot, wingbone normal and wishbone wide are all broke on varsity in regards to the dive man read.
On AA and Heisman the dive is taken away every play also.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
I am seeing it a *Little* more on AA, but still not the high % that is shown in real life.

I did have a most intesting game on AA default last night. Ga State (me) vs South Alabama and they just shut my option down hard. They were running a 3-4 with the OLBs creeping up and coming off the edge. DE was consistently taking the B back and the OLB (pitch read) was in the backfield quick and usually took the QB. This made me pitch super early (if I could - sometimes he was in so fast i had to eat it w/ the QB) which gave the safety / cb time to make the play around the LOS. The nice thing was this opened up the passing game and I was able to shred them through the air when I started audibling out of the triple when i could see the LB blitzing. Compared to my prior game which was a 45-42 last second FG win over UTSA where I had 50 yds passing and 350 on the ground - this game i struggled to hit 100 yds rushing (and i had 1 hb, g, c, t visiting....ugh) and barely hit the 250 passing (wr visiting as well) in a 28-24 win.

I have decided becuase of this to leave it at AA default for at least the remainder of this season before working on tweaks. I am getting good, close games and they are playing differently, so as long as that holds up I am leaving it.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #80
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
if your seeing this than maybe its tied to something else instead of level. because i can tell you 100% that they do not take the dive man anymore. my fb is going of with around 20 carries a game now and he would not get the ball once before. thats interesting if your seeing this. just put game on default aa and do into a dynasty game and it will work correctly. thats what i did first to test after a few days and it worked. then i took my dyansty and just changed level but left my custom sliders and it worked like it should. played three games last night and worked perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »