Home

Question about downloading uniforms

This is a discussion on Question about downloading uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 03:42 AM   #33
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question about downloading uniforms

Most of the data for the game is kept in the SAVED DATA UTILITY file. Like a computer the PS3 stores and shares data like a reg. PC. All that needs to be done is a generous person copy the ENTIRE FILE onto a flash drive.

Import the FD in your PC, convert the file into a winzip or winrar file and email the file to whoever he/she wants to share the uniform packs. REMEMBER, when the receiving person inputs the file into their PS3, they're overwriting the NCAA Football they once had so it'll seize to exist.

This is only way I can think of in getting those uniform packs. I'm still hoping someone will be willing to share those packs with me so I can enjoy this game.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #34
Rookie

hey czar been following you post on the Ea site, and I have to agree with you, ive had numerous conversation with the idiot advisor from EA , and they will not help. I have to agree that it be nice to see if ps3 owner would be able to share the uniforms, to be honest i doubt EA will fix the problem that has been happening for the last 7 months, so maybe someone will be able to share these or for some crzy reason ea gets off there butts.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:48 AM   #35
Rookie

just thought id add this to the post, EA will not fix this same excuse and crap they normally give the customers..... my chat with an advsior on the issue at hand.

Anshul: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Anshul. How may I assist you today?
you: hello
Anshul: Hello, how are you?
you: going to make this quick why does the download uniforms pack work for xbox 360 but not for ps3?
you: this issue has been going on for the last 7 months
Anshul: I'll do my best to figure it out for you.
Anshul: Before we get started please accept our sincere apology for the high wait time. We appreciate your cooperation.
you: so maybe you can give me some answers about this?
Anshul: I am sorry for that inconvenience, actually some of the players have indeed reported similar issues on our end.
It seems that a small fraction of our players are facing this issue at the moment and our developers are working on this issue as we speak.But this is very difficult for us to provide the exact time frame for this,
because this is a technical issue but according to latest updated this issue will be fix as quickly as possible. Actually this is a issue going on PS3 servers and our developers are working with Sony to fix this issue.
you: its been alomst 4 months and still no word? kinda of disrespectful to customers like myself
you: i know these things take time, but still easier to respond the customers about the issue?
you: ive been told by people who play and xbox 360 that they can purchase the uniform from the ingame store
you: so as an advisor what can you tell me about the issue at hand, and what is ea doing to fix the issue? it hard to enjoy a game when it doesnt work, and the people who are suppose to be helping arnt?
Anshul: Yes, you are right this issue is going on with PS3 players only and we have informed our players on this issue on our official help site:-
http://help.ea.com/en/article/access...-store-on-ps3/
I can understand your anxiousness with this. Had I been in your place, I would have felt the same.
Believe me we also don't want to disappoint our players and we are here for you and you only.
As I can see in your account you are a true gamer and our loyal customer from long time and I understand your situation here. Our job is to fix all these issues and provide you best gaming experience and we are 24*7 working for you. Our developers are working on this issue and we'll fix it as quickly as possible.
you: the link you sent me doesnt work.... and as for the comment about devlopers i was told the same thing 3 months ago when i chatted and talk to someone on the phone, and yet nothing has chagned
you: is there any way to talk toa devloper or some who can give me more information about what is being done to fix this issue?
Anshul: You can post this issue on our official forums page:-
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/91.page

As you know developers are not available on chat or phone support but forums are the best way to directly interact with developers.
you: i looked into that , and its the same thing where the moderator doesa great job at deflecting answering the problem
you: the ncaa fourms is reponsed to by EA berry who from ive seen doesnt solve the issue
you: so the question is will the issue be fixed or wont it?
Anshul: I know you are facing this issue from long time but trust we'll definitely fix this issue for you. This issue is already reported and our developers are working on this.
You can try to open this link in different browser:-

http://help.ea.com/en/article/access...-store-on-ps3/
you: so when will it be fixed? i knpw computer program issue tht have been fixed faster than this
you: 4 months and no updates?
Anshul: I am really sorry but this is a technical issue and we are not able to provide you exact time for this because this is not in our hands and only our developers team can fix this for you. If it were possible from my end, I would've definitely fix it for you.
you: seems like the developers are dropping the ball on this? if it were my employer and i wasnt getting the job done id be fired? but it looks like some places are ok with mediocre.
Anshul: No, it is not like that actually sometimes, technical issues comes and fixed within few hours and sometimes it takes longer then expected. We are working on this and we fix this issue also soon for you.
you: i know you doing your job but i heard this same thing two months ago, when you hear the same thing and see no changes the trust is broken at that point
Anshul: Yes, I can understand this and I know you are right at your place because you are facing this issue from long time and you have contacted us many times for this issue and all time we said we'll fix this soon but in server issues we also don't have much to do because only our developers can fix this and this issue is taking much time because this is an issue with PS3 players only and our developers are working with Sony to fix this.
you: will ea compensate the consumer for this issue?
Anshul: Yes, when issues like this takes longer then expected then after fixing the issue our developers always announce compensation for all those players who have faced this.
you: im just looking for this to be fixed soon, i enjoy the game, but it feels like those being affected are not being heard
Anshul: No, we are here for you and you only and we are working on this issue also. To add a article for an issue on official website is the first sign that we are here for you and working for you but as I said sometimes few issues takes longer then expected. I can understand you situation also that you are watching this article from last 4 months and it is not updated yet but believe me we'll definitely fix this issue for you.
you: that artlice was posted in july, its now october
you: little over due for an update
Anshul: Yes, I can understand this and I am reporting this issue again today.
you: well guess will see what happens
you: but at this point im not holing my breath
Anshul: Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Anshul: Is there anything else that you wish to know?
Anshul: It seems that you are away from the Keyboard, please let me know if we are still connected.
you: im here
you: just looking for answers
Anshul: Is there anything else that you wish to know?
you: as ive asked when this will be fixed
Anshul: I really apologize but this is not possible for us to provide you exact time frame for this issue because this is a technical issue and right now we don't have any exact time for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #36
Rookie

This sucks a fat one! I had just decided to break this game back out and was going to download the Vols Smokey Grey unis....but it wont let me. Its complete garbage they dont have it where you can at least pay for them. I mean cmon, we're willing to GIVE you money...use some common sense EA!!!
******** charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript">
Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #37
Rookie

CzarOfFootball's Arena

Yep. That's the way EA handles their customers when they're over with a series. Their priorities are this year's milking of their current franchises and be damned with anything else. As I've mentioned on the other forum, this is unacceptable for them to STONE WALL players about an issue that is hurting the game. The uniform store was a stupid idea/ LIKE THEIR PASSWORD CODES FOR THEIR DAMN SERVERS THAT DIDN'T WORK AT THE TIME/ just to get a profit off consumers for buying used games at Game Stop.

EA is the prime example of corporate GREED at it's devious. Year after year they put out a product showing minimal improvement but sell it on new gimmicks and demanding top dollar for it. When they've collected every ounce of blood from the consumer they halt updates on the product and move to next years' product. This is unacceptable and unprofessional for them to do this. It's the reason why I'm so glad the NBA DID NOT sell their videogame rights to them, if they did it would've angered their legend MICHAEL JORDAN who have worked with 2Ksports for awhile, because I wouldn't received the best basketball games I've ever played in my life. Every year the games are better and reviews just top my remarks.

When the NBA shared their rights to all companies, EA couldn't hang nearly a 4 year absence in Basketball product. They bought the lead designer of the NBA 2K series and they're haven't been much of an improvement of their product because EA don't care about customer service except our dollar & cents. It's a pathetic business sense and I hope the NFL gets their heads out of their asses and open their rights for 2k to start making games again. It's the monopoly EA has that's straining consumers and the goal of better product.

The uniform store was another way for EA to sell product without sharing profits with SONY. 360 and xbox live is a paid service and they're not restrained to continue access. If they feel that way EA can just RAISE the prices for the uniform packs so they can satisfy their gluttonous pockets. This s h i t gets me so mad.

Last edited by CzarOfFootball; 10-01-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #38
Just started!

I purchased and downloaded up to the Uniform Pack 6 but missed out on Uniform Packs 7-9. I talked to a friend that works at EA and he said because of the current NCAA litigation going on with the lawsuits that they have shut it down temporarily. Lets hope the lawsuit ends soon and the licensing agreement can be re-signed.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #39
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilgore1
I purchased and downloaded up to the Uniform Pack 6 but missed out on Uniform Packs 7-9. I talked to a friend that works at EA and he said because of the current NCAA litigation going on with the lawsuits that they have shut it down temporarily. Lets hope the lawsuit ends soon and the licensing agreement can be re-signed.
That's not true. I download a pack yesterday and another one today.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #40
Just started!

Any update on this? I've been considering picking this game up but as a WVU Alum, not having the new uniforms may just be a dealbreaker for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »