Home

The GM offseason stuff is a blast, but...

This is a discussion on The GM offseason stuff is a blast, but... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
The GM offseason stuff is a blast, but...

...then you get to the gameplay. ugh. horrible gameplay. i find myself simming way more than i wanted to because i can't stand watching my players catch the ball and run out of bounds, run back TOWARDS the line of scrimmage, or have a clear first down in front of them and then turn for some stupid reason.
this, in addition to the fact that i've got my Defensive and Offensive sliders maxed at 100 and the CPU down to 0's and i still can't run the ball! i'll take a Mastered play, the preplay knowledge matchup will be way in my favor, and...i get pummeled for a 4 yard loss. this isn't once in awhile...it's pretty frequent. so much so that i'm throwing probably 80-90% of the time now.

i'm enjoying the heck out of every aspect of this game except the actual on field game. it's like watching a car wreck.

ok...i'm done. had to get that out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: The GM offseason stuff is a blast, but...

Agreed to the fullest.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

totally agree... sometimes my qb has someone wide wide wide open yet he throws to the fullback who just gets 1 yard... sucks... i wish i could play
Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

That's weird. I'm running the ball fine. I just finished season two of my coaching career and I'm coaching the Bears and I have Michael Turner on my roster and he finished out the season with 1400 yards and 10 TD's.

Now, I had to do a lot of work in the off-season to prepare for it. Had to fire my OC, O-line coach and revamp my O-line.

Running seems fine to me and I'm playing with default sliders. You didn't mention anything about our personel. Check to make sure they are capable of executing a running attack.

That's what I love about this game because it factors everything and not just talent. Your players need to learn these plays to execute them correctly.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Which are just some of the reasons I supersim. Not to mention I don't have a lot of time and supersimming ends up going quite a bit faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I run the ball just fine with both teams I use which are the Packers and Steelers. My last two games with the Packers Grant had 100+ yards in both with less then 20 carries and a touchdown in each. I always do the gameplan where it says something about boosting the abilities of the runningbacks. Not the one that does it for your top five plays so you can call the gameplan in game. Then in game I sub my runningbacks in and out between Grant, Ray Rice, and Jackson. I find that plays to the outside ar hit or miss but when I run up the gut they almost always get me yards. Also this is after I traded away tackles Chad and Mark. But I do have problems with my QB making dumb decisons when throwing the ball.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Im haveing a heck of a time with leron james and his fumbles. if he gets blasted at all...u can almost count on that ball being on the ground. my rb coach is maxed, and the OC has the rb special skills, as do i....but if he gets hit hard, or goes over 20 carries....look out.
as a test...i simmed a whole season just to see if it was my play calling....he had 8 fumbles. then i quite and played out the season like normal and he ended up with 15 by season end.
guess i shouldnt complain too much...on the halfback pass play over the course of his career he has 9 td passes and 500 passing yards. i try to throw it in there once a game.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 AM   #8
Rookie

I think the biggest factor to your problem are your slider settings. The sliders should either be left at the default setting or have both the human and cpu setting equal. In other words if you set your running back ability to say 75 then the cpu's running back ability should be 75 as well. The gamplay becomes erratic for some reason if not done that way. I also find that if there is too much of a descrepancy between coresponding abilities (e.g. 90 for qb accuracy and 10 for knockdowns) you get the same erratic gameplay.

Last edited by Giacomo; 03-05-2009 at 03:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »