Home

Old 08-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Demo - when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Depends where you live and what the game is. Sports games don't typically need to be pre-ordered but lots of others do if you live in a busy area. Hell, I pre-ordered Batman and they didn't even end up having enough to fill the pre-orders let alone off the street customers.
Really? I live in the Toronto area (Barrie to be exact) and I get alot of my games when I'm shopping in Toronto. Sometimes one store might have sold out but rarely will it ever be very difficult to find the game at a Walmart, EB Games or anywhere else. One problem with preording is if the game is soldout at the store you preordered from you cant go pick it up from another store that does have the game. I walk into the store usually the day or the day after a game I'm gonna buy is released and have almost never found the game was out of stock.

Anyways I bet on the 2K demo coming out next Thursday. Hopefully sliders are adjustable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #26
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyswan
Really? I live in the Toronto area (Barrie to be exact) and I get alot of my games when I'm shopping in Toronto. Sometimes one store might have sold out but rarely will it ever be very difficult to find the game at a Walmart, EB Games or anywhere else. One problem with preording is if the game is soldout at the store you preordered from you cant go pick it up from another store that does have the game. I walk into the store usually the day or the day after a game I'm gonna buy is released and have almost never found the game was out of stock.

Anyways I bet on the 2K demo coming out next Thursday. Hopefully sliders are adjustable.
Fair enough, but I just had that experience with Batman this week. Also last year with NHL 09, though that was more of a case of me ending up going to the other side of the city because a mom and pop got it a day early.. it's hockey, what can I say .

I'd say next Thursday is a good guess for sure though, I'm looking forward to it. From 2002-2005 or 6 I always bought both games, I'm excited that this year I might be going back to that.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyswan

I live in Barrie aswell....I don't think you guys will need to worry about pre-ordering a 2K game, just a thought
Old 08-31-2009, 10:24 PM   #28
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Did anyone check to see if the Demo had dropped... Ronnie2k said in his Twitter that Monday we would hve vids and insight but also Demo supposed to drop
Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #29
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Yeah I was under the impression that the demo will drop on a Tuesday.....sep 1st..
Old 08-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Did anyone check to see if the Demo had dropped... Ronnie2k said in his Twitter that Monday we would hve vids and insight but also Demo supposed to drop
Ronnie isn't exactly all that reliable quite honestly. I find it absolutely ironic that the guy has to write up info proposals just to get clearance on what he can or can't give out when it comes to info. I also never saw a specific date given for the demo on his twitter at all, the only person who said it was coming sept 1st was sharks and well he's not the most trustworthy source of info for anything to begin with either. I would expect the demo within the next two weeks but usually its out of the publisher's/dev's hands once builds get submitted to MS/Sony. Sony releases stuff on Thursdays and MS has an actual certification process to make sure these demos don't end up bricking systems.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #31
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Ronnie isn't exactly all that reliable quite honestly. I find it absolutely ironic that the guy has to write up info proposals just to get clearance on what he can or can't give out when it comes to info. I also never saw a specific date given for the demo on his twitter at all, the only person who said it was coming sept 1st was sharks and well he's not the most trustworthy source of info for anything to begin with either. I would expect the demo within the next two weeks but usually its out of the publisher's/dev's hands once builds get submitted to MS/Sony. Sony releases stuff on Thursdays and MS has an actual certification process to make sure these demos don't end up bricking systems.
Yeah...I'm almost afraid to DL a 2k demo...blow my damn console to hell.

I think I'll wait on the demo...get impressions first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 28

I dont think the demo drops tonight guys. When i asked, i got a no. So i dunno

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »