Home

2k10 Suggestions

This is a discussion on 2k10 Suggestions within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
2k10 Suggestions

Hey everybody,

First off i want to say thanks to TSOL (and anyone else who helped with the roster for the start of this season) for the roster i just downloaded last night, as well as Shogun for the latest sliders he had posted as the combination of the two have finally made this game great for me by taking care of the things that bothered me the most (ease of breakaways, seemingly brain dead AI defenders, etc.) For whatever reason last night I figured I'd give this game another shot with whatever latest sliders and rosters were out there and it turned out to be a really fun couple of games.

Now, after a couple games last night following a long break from the game, I'm considering starting up a season or franchise with this setup. Any advice/comments/tips on things I need to watch out for? Can it even be done with this roster? Like freezes with the roster if you don't turn off injuries or cpu trades in one mode or another, or anything like that? I'd just hate to get like 10-20 games in then have it freeze because I didn't change something on the roster or a setting beforehand.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2k10 Suggestions

I posted some dman tweaks a long time ago which I think helped with dmen stupidity. You just have to watch that you don't take advantage with your own dmen.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 2k10 Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
Hey everybody,

First off i want to say thanks to TSOL (and anyone else who helped with the roster for the start of this season) for the roster i just downloaded last night, as well as Shogun for the latest sliders he had posted as the combination of the two have finally made this game great for me by taking care of the things that bothered me the most (ease of breakaways, seemingly brain dead AI defenders, etc.) For whatever reason last night I figured I'd give this game another shot with whatever latest sliders and rosters were out there and it turned out to be a really fun couple of games.

Now, after a couple games last night following a long break from the game, I'm considering starting up a season or franchise with this setup. Any advice/comments/tips on things I need to watch out for? Can it even be done with this roster? Like freezes with the roster if you don't turn off injuries or cpu trades in one mode or another, or anything like that? I'd just hate to get like 10-20 games in then have it freeze because I didn't change something on the roster or a setting beforehand.

Thanks!
Funny. I fired it up last night too and had a blast playing. As much as I have played and tolerate NHL 13, I just really have so much fun with this game, and NHL 2k11 as well on the Wii.

Anyway, I haven't encountered any freezes in my franchises or anything. There is a roster glitch somewhere but I forget what it does, I'd search it. It may only come into play making new rosters though and not affect franchises.

The other thing is in year 2 and beyond in franchise you'll have to manually edit the new drafted goalies to the goalie edit so they play better. They received a major global edit a few years ago, here is the link if you're bored, lot of fun (HERE).

The breakaways were minimized by editing the teams' strategies. Stay Back, Cautioned and Balanced are the only 3 to use. All out and aggressive don't work.

I'm also thinking of a restart in 2k10, or even 2k11. Played that on the Wii yesterday with the classic controller and as ugly as it is on Wii it played sexily!

Also, if you plan to play online coop franchise like I do with my buddy. You must make sure that the teams playing have a 23/23 roster or lower 22/23 is ok. Some teams end up 24/23 and that causes a freeze and disconnect EVERY TIME! Enjoy

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »