Home

COD 4: Modern Warfare - Remastered

This is a discussion on COD 4: Modern Warfare - Remastered within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #257
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: COD 4: Modern Warfare - Remastered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Man this game is tough. I never played modern warfare before and I am horrible. Anyone have any tips?

Learn the maps, learn where the power points on the map are and how to lock them down. Play slow and use cover. This game is a lot less about gun skill than the recent call of duty's are. Doing good in this game is all about map knowledge, strategy, and outsmarting your opponents. You can't just super Mario double jump over a building and run away if you get shot at like in the recent ones, so you have to be much more aware of your surroundings, your cover available, and how you choose to maneuver around the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #258
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QAROB00wKU

This video is a direct comparison between the original and remaster. The funny thing is to me in gameplay I prefer the way the old one looks. The remaster looks like it has a foggy film over it, while the original is crisp and clear. Does anyone else feel that way?

On the flip side I looked at a regular video of a multiplayer match of the remaster and it looked good - but at the same time, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference, it looks exactly how I remember it. I always thought cod4 gfx were well ahead of it's time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jqfonaZR6k

thats just remastered - it looks virtually the same to me only more colour and saturation and tweaked things like the skulls on screen.

I want it, but I'm going to hope for a stand alone. I don't even want to try the new cod, all I'd care for would be the remaster.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #259
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

If I get sniped ONE MORE ******* TIME I swear I'll murder someone. Seriously, every single time I go into the open I get picked off. Makes me very tentative to do anything in the open. And My KDR is barely above 1 as a result. I don't remember ever getting sniped this much in any CoD game.

Also, anyone know how to get on the roof on Overgrown? I know how it's done, but it wont let me get up there, I saw someone up there last night so I know it's still accessible. I was able to get on the rooftop on Backlot though, and picked off 10 players before getting grenade spammed.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 11-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #260
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Man this game is tough. I never played modern warfare before and I am horrible. Anyone have any tips?
Another tip I'll add in is do not shoot at someone unless you have a clean shot. Too many times I see people shooting at anything that moves. Unless you have a silencer you'll just give away your location. If you see someone runing behind a building, bush, fence ect. Instead of firing at and just wounding or missing him entirely, sometimes the smart thing to do is hold off and try to flank him instead.

-M. Shadows
Old 11-08-2016, 03:07 AM   #261
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

If your playing online and you press down on the D-pad you will play with any gun your holding. I just now noticed it. Pretty cool. A animation kicks in and he does different things with different guns.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #262
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
If I get sniped ONE MORE ******* TIME I swear I'll murder someone. Seriously, every single time I go into the open I get picked off. Makes me very tentative to do anything in the open. And My KDR is barely above 1 as a result. I don't remember ever getting sniped this much in any CoD game.

Also, anyone know how to get on the roof on Overgrown? I know how it's done, but it wont let me get up there, I saw someone up there last night so I know it's still accessible. I was able to get on the rooftop on Backlot though, and picked off 10 players before getting grenade spammed.
Cod4 and WAW were always about running the borders of the map. If you go out in the open, you will die. Kind of like real life.

These maps are classics because they reward multiple play styles. As effective as sniping is, flanking is equally effective as well.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #263
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Cod4 and WAW were always about running the borders of the map. If you go out in the open, you will die. Kind of like real life.

These maps are classics because they reward multiple play styles. As effective as sniping is, flanking is equally effective as well.
Yeah, it's been so long I forgot how to play the maps.

-M. Shadows
Old 11-11-2016, 02:33 AM   #264
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab

Except BOG. **** BOG. So easy to get spawn trapped in that ****ing map.

Ambush and Crossfire are others that can go to hell as well.

Took 1 match on each to make me remember whu I hate them.

Also so glad kill confirmed is back. Forgot how much of a camp fest tdm is.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »