Home

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 Exclusive)

This is a discussion on Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 Exclusive) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-16-2020, 11:59 AM   #137
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 Exclusive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Not going to quote you since it's a longer message, but I didn't realize it only ran at 30 fps. That's another reason I may stay away from it being on the console and hold out hope for a PC release at some point. I know plenty of people couldn't care less about frame rate, but I pretty much cannot go below 55-60. Anything less and I find it too jarring of an experience. That's part of why I also do not play console games anymore as well. That's personal preference, but anything less than a smooth 55-60 at the minimum makes me get a headache at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
They talked about it in their "review". Framerate mode is locked at 30fps. Resolution mode is 30fps unlocked with some dips. They recommended playing in resolution mode as the dips weren't too bad and the graphical hit wasn't worth locking it at 30fps.

Yeah, just watched the Digital Foundry video breakdown. On PS4 Pro, resolution mode is 1800P at 30FPS with minimal drops.

Performance mode is 1080P at a stable 30FPS in which there doesn't seem to be any drops at all. Basically locking the frame rate at 30FPS with no fluctuating.

Disappointed that it's not 1080P at 60FPS but not surprised. I will be playing on the resolution mode as the minimal drops aren't serious enough to warrant playing on performance mode.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #138
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im about to install this now and see what its all about initially at least, see how it feels.

Its crazy to think there isnt much coming out for a minute after this.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #139
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

There's some things out there peppered over the next couple of months, but its sparse for sure.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #140
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im about to install this now and see what its all about initially at least, see how it feels.

Its crazy to think there isnt much coming out for a minute after this.
Yea this I believe Is the last major game till the nightmare cross gen type titles in fall.

Twitter
Old 07-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #141
yellow

23's Arena

I just hope next gen is better than this one was.

So far though the game is cool. You start off ready to fight so they draw you in then you get to the tutorial part....

Get your timing down boys... There is also no traditional lock on enemies. Another good thing about that though is that you don't necessarily have to be facing the direction of an attack to block or dodge it.

I always love games that are a mix between fighting and stealth...which welve been missing a lot of.

I cut it off shortly after that though but there is definitely some fun to be had. .. and that cellphone footage was a washed out version even though the video was funny.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 23; 07-16-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #142
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Not gonna start this when it unlocks, tonight. NOT GOING TO DO IT TO MYSELF! MUST SLEEP! 🤪
#WeAreND
Old 07-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #143
yellow

23's Arena

Nah start it

Like I said at least due the tutorial part of the game

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2020, 07:26 AM   #144

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Initial impressions, I love the combat. It’s not the best graphics I’ve seen but the art style and the world is beautiful. The audio is probably the best of this generation. Really immerses you into the world. And it’s not just a hack and slash game. There is actually a good story behind this “so far”. Definitely pulls on to your emotions. The first 45min you’ll experience anger, sadness. You’ll want revenge. My biggest issues so far is when moving throughout the world in some parts the camera is right up on you. Wish it panned out more. Sometimes the movement controls are a little clunky. This is all while traveling, not during combat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »