Home

Your most memorable sports moment (that you played)

This is a discussion on Your most memorable sports moment (that you played) within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11
Your most memorable sports moment (that you played)

Well, I'm a sophmore in high school, and my first baseball game was yesterday. It was the first time I had ever played on a varsity team for my school, as last year I broke my ankle right before baseball season so I couldn't play (first time playing in 2 years). It was amazing playing on varsity, as I was so close to doing it for soccer season (team nearly went undefeated, was upset in sectionals).

This is by no means by best memory of playing sports, but I was wondering if any of you remember your first varsity game or anything like that?

We won, 11-6, against a city school. We're a very small school, and our baseball team is never good (we're a soccer, bball, and tennis school. our tennis team is #7 in the nation). Nonetheless, I did get to close out the game when we were up 11-3 in the 6th inning (only inning I pitched), and got em 1-2-3 with 1 K. Mainly the coaches just wanted to see what kind of stuff I had, and I impressed them a lot, which I'm very happy about.

Sorry, felt like sayin it somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Your most memorable sports moment (that you played)

In little league I made a nice stop at first base on an errant throw from the shortstop. It was about 5 feet toward the home plate side and just about on the ground. I stretched out, dove, whatever and caught the throw and tagged first with my leg before the runner got there. I guess it wasn't some awesome moment, but not every day you see a 5' 230 lb kid make an athletic play at first base in little league.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

My best sports moment was making it to CIF for tennis my sophomore year.

Most memorable though..dominating in goal in the semi's for my indoor soccer team, we ended up winning in the finals.
But we all live in denial
Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Most memorable though..dominating in goal in the semi's for my indoor soccer team, we ended up winning in the finals.
I call BS. And I still want your sister.

Seriously, mine was pitching a full 9 innings one game in high school against our town's rival. I got both wins against them actually.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:51 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

I hit an inside the park grand slam on a swinging bunt in little league when I was like 13 or 14. Granted their was like 3 errors on the play, but still was pretty cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 03:10 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

In a freshman bball game I made the game winning shot. The game was tight the whole way and we were tied with about 12 seconds left. We ran an iso play for our PG(he had the ball at the top and everyone else was on the baseline to give him space). They were in a 2-3 so he threw up a heavily contested shot from the elbow and airballed it. I caught the ball on the baseline under the basket so I took one dribble away from the basket and banked a fadeaway with a hand in my face(I literally couldn't see the basket until the ball went through). The buzzer went off and I got mobbed by the whole team.

My favorite moment would probably be this year though winning on Senior Night. It was our last game and we were 6-19 at this point with a bunch of tough losses (lost to the #6 team in the county twice by single digits and had a lead in the 2nd half both times). We also had a close game with the #17 team in California after losing to them 55-11 the first time we played them(we scored 12 points in the first quarter alone the 2nd time). So at the end of a tough season we got to play our crosstown rivals at home for the last game of the year and ended up winning by 5 points. We had a completely packed stadium and it was really loud. It was great to go out like that after a bad season and I'll never forget playing in that last game.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:39 AM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Two stand out. First touchdown reception in college. Actually it was in a JUCO game. 63 yard TD. Was actually my first reception in college as well, it just happened to be a TD. We still lost the game, but I remember the play vividly.

Second was my senior year of high school, hit a 2 run game winning homer in the bottom of the 7th against our rival school. The win won the league title for us. I had a terrible game up to that point, had a big error at SS earlier in the game, and was 0-3 up to that point. All of my previous at bats I had gotten out by swinging at terrible pitches. I was down 0-2, got a fastball up and in and turned on it for the homerun. My last home run ever. I also think this stands out, because I wasn't particularly good at baseball, so I have a lot fewer of these types of memories from that sport.

Last edited by bkrich83; 04-04-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:01 AM   #8
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

The only time I played on a team was wneh I was 12 and joined the local basketball team of a young league. I didn't like it and left after the first game, which was after about 2 months. The coach was so annoying! I remember when he told me to get on the court and substitute some1, he started shouting at me, so I sat in the middle of the game and tied my laces lol...the guy was mad! The day I told the coach I was leaving is my most memorable sports moment. LOL

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »