Home

CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

This is a discussion on CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States. within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 06:27 PM   #1953
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: CDC Officials Warn of Coronavirus Outbreaks in the United States.

This is a nice clear concise 5 minute interview on vaccines and who get's in line first for them.

Only 1 in 10 vaccines makes the market and most vaccines hit the market in 5 to 10 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 04-26-2020, 07:38 PM   #1954
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

When a vaccine comes out there is no way in hell I am getting it. Not after a flu vaccine practically destroyed me. I will take my chances.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:19 PM   #1955
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It works to varying degrees but it just takes some patience and a bit of understanding from your job. My wife and I are in a pretty good routine where we fit our kids schoolwork in around our meetings but both of our jobs are flexible enough to adapt and we’re good with the distance learning tech/apps to make it work. Completely recognize that this might not be the case for all and don’t get me wrong, teachers deserve a raise.

Right now in MD schools are closed until May 15th and my kids schools only have ~2 weeks after that until the year is over so I’d rather them just do distance learning until the end. Who knows what will happen with summer camp though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It definitely can work, but generally the families it works with are the ones that already took a vested interest in their kids schooling. Then you have parents that work necessary jobs and can't be at home to even help.

Then you have poorer communities where it is even more of a struggle because the priorities are just trying to survive. If they are educated enough to help, they just don't have time.

School systems need to find a way to support all the kids or the ones who currently struggle have no chance. The economically disadvantaged won't be able to get out as they fall behind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 08:28 PM   #1956
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
It definitely can work, but generally the families it works with are the ones that already took a vested interest in their kids schooling. Then you have parents that work necessary jobs and can't be at home to even help.

Then you have poorer communities where it is even more of a struggle because the priorities are just trying to survive. If they are educated enough to help, they just don't have time.

School systems need to find a way to support all the kids or the ones who currently struggle have no chance. The economically disadvantaged won't be able to get out as they fall behind.

This was pretty much the case for disadvantaged kids when things were "normal"

The only other thing I can think of is to restrict who attends physical classes to those most "at-risk" in terms of education. You keep schools to 10 kids per class, you might be able to maintain social distancing requirements while providing the resources necessary for those that need them.

Or do some kind of rotating schedule where some kids attend in the morning, some in the afternoon, and rotate Monday/wednesday and Tuesday/thursday

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 04-26-2020, 08:36 PM   #1957
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It works to varying degrees but it just takes some patience and a bit of understanding from your job. My wife and I are in a pretty good routine where we fit our kids schoolwork in around our meetings but both of our jobs are flexible enough to adapt and we’re good with the distance learning tech/apps to make it work. Completely recognize that this might not be the case for all and don’t get me wrong, teachers deserve a raise.

Right now in MD schools are closed until May 15th and my kids schools only have ~2 weeks after that until the year is over so I’d rather them just do distance learning until the end. Who knows what will happen with summer camp though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have a friend whose a principal in Central MD. Talked to him other day an he said they definitely aren't going back this year. And hopefully back by September
Old 04-26-2020, 08:39 PM   #1958
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing

Also know people who teach in NJ. One teacher said she hasn't heard from a couple students since this all started. Students who were getting F's are now getting A's - easy to cheat on HW and Test.

Not every student has computer / internet options.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #1959
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
Also know people who teach in NJ. One teacher said she hasn't heard from a couple students since this all started. Students who were getting F's are now getting A's - easy to cheat on HW and Test.

Not every student has computer / internet options.
It is definitely easier to just google the answer now or talk to other people in the class to get the answers.

The school systems in my area loaned out the school laptops that they apparently already use in class for some type of learning.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #1960
All Star

OVR: 8

I don't know if this is real or not, but it's pretty funny either way

https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/com...m_source=share
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »