Home

anybody remember World Class Baseball on the TurboGrafx-16 ?

This is a discussion on anybody remember World Class Baseball on the TurboGrafx-16 ? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
anybody remember World Class Baseball on the TurboGrafx-16 ?

Just curious if anybody remembers World Class Baseball on the TG-16 ?

If so, you might want to hear this podcast:

Just go to Soundcloud and do a search for RetroBlast: A 90's gaming RetroSpective

(I'd put a link here, but I don't have enough posts to put a link up)

This is my first retrogaming podcast. In Episode one, I talk about my very first experience with the TurboGrafx-16 system and the first two games I played. Keith Courage and World Class Baseball. There is a pretty lengthy discussion about World Class Baseball (and also Tommy Lasorda on Genesis).

Might be worth listening for any fans of retro sports games.

[I should have this up on iTunes very soon too, but new podcasts have to go through an approval process that can take anywhere from 24 hours to 14 days, so not sure how quickly it will be up on iTunes. You can check it out on Soundcloud now..]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: anybody remember World Class Baseball on the TurboGrafx-16 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1
Just curious if anybody remembers World Class Baseball on the TG-16 ?

If so, you might want to hear this podcast:

Just go to Soundcloud and do a search for RetroBlast: A 90's gaming RetroSpective

(I'd put a link here, but I don't have enough posts to put a link up)

This is my first retrogaming podcast. In Episode one, I talk about my very first experience with the TurboGrafx-16 system and the first two games I played. Keith Courage and World Class Baseball. There is a pretty lengthy discussion about World Class Baseball (and also Tommy Lasorda on Genesis).

Might be worth listening for any fans of retro sports games.

[I should have this up on iTunes very soon too, but new podcasts have to go through an approval process that can take anywhere from 24 hours to 14 days, so not sure how quickly it will be up on iTunes. You can check it out on Soundcloud now..]
World Class Baseball got me back into video games!!! I wish they would put that game out on an app. I loved playing the Moscow Bears and I think it was the NY Apples. I loved the fly ball fielding from the outfield where once you were under the ball your fielder would look up to indicate that you were in range. That was a beautiful game. I miss it!!!!
Old 10-31-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
World Class Baseball got me back into video games!!! I wish they would put that game out on an app. I loved playing the Moscow Bears and I think it was the NY Apples. I loved the fly ball fielding from the outfield where once you were under the ball your fielder would look up to indicate that you were in range. That was a beautiful game. I miss it!!!!

You should really check that podcast out if you liked World Class Baseball. I'm not just trying to shamelessly pimp my podcast. I was truly in love with World Class Baseball in late 1989 and early 1990. Me and my buddies would play that game constantly.

I had this one shortstop, his last name was Lee, I think it was on the Chicago Winds maybe... and he was so freaking fast. Dude would get singles all the time just because he was so damn fast and they couldn't throw him out at first.

He would end up stealing 2nd and 3rd base with ease as well.

He would drive my roommates crazy anytime he got on base, because he was such a nightmare on the basepaths.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Lol I remember him!!!
Old 01-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
Just started!

just because he was so damn fast and they couldn't throw him out at first.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »